Sound Support in Flash

Q&A about the latest versions
henri_smeets

When can we expect the option to ad a sound file looping in the background in the published Flash panoramas?

PS, Nice to see a lively support forum, I've totally abandoned Immervisions stuff due to bad support and lack of innovation.
thomas
Chief Gnome

As Qt (the framework I am using) will offer sound support in their next release I will wait for this feature until Qt 4.4 is available to make my (cross platform) live a little bit easier. Currently their plan is to release it in 1Q08 and so is my plan to add those features 2-4 weeks after their release.
MfG, Thomas
henri_smeets

Great, keep us posted :)
thomas
Chief Gnome

The new release date by Trolltech is May 2008 so I added a sound support for HTML templates into beta5.
MfG, Thomas
henri_smeets

Hi Thomas,

Is there any news yet on the sound integration possibilities of Pano2VR, are you planning to include this in the near future?
thomas
Chief Gnome

As Trolltech moved their schedule back for 4.4 and it is still full of bugs (I am hoping now for 4.4.2) I also moved my schedule back. I plan the sound features for Pano2VR 2.3, coming hopefully this year.
MfG, Thomas
henri_smeets

Those silly little Trolls, an unreliable bunch of creatures ;)

Forgive me my impatience, it is just that I want to offer my clients an even better panoramic experience with sound, while keeping the online placement and integration with CMS's as simple as possible. I've been recording sounds for this on almost every panorama I shoot. For now I'll just use the mp3 or wav playing options.
henri_smeets

I just saw that Trolltech has released version 4.5 by now. Any news on the sound possibilities in Pano2VR?
thomas
Chief Gnome

henri_smeets wrote:I just saw that Trolltech has released version 4.5 by now. Any news on the sound possibilities in Pano2VR?
It will be in available with Pano2VR 2.3
MfG, Thomas
henri_smeets

Grrrrrreat, can't wait :D :roll:
RBilsland

Thomas,

Will this be general non-directional looping sound or will you be able to embed sound sources to positions within a panorama that will then come and go as you pan around? (just wondering because if it is directional sound, I'll get recording some directional sounds!).

Thanks,

Bob Bilsland.
smooth

Must be directional, pointless otherwise. We have always be able to add simple sound file.

Regards, Smooth 8)
thomas
Chief Gnome

RBilsland wrote:Will this be general non-directional looping sound or will you be able to embed sound sources to positions within a panorama that will then come and go as you pan around? (just wondering because if it is directional sound, I'll get recording some directional sounds!).
Yes, it will be directional sound.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

YEA<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->YEA

Does this mean mean STEREO tracks for left and right speakers? OR sound from the ocean when looking towards the ocean?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

Directional sound will come into "focus" (for lack of a better term) and fade out of focus as you pan into/or out of the sound focus zone area.
So yes, looking at the ocean you could have waves lapping, looking towards picnic table people talking and look to the sky and hear birds chirping etc.

I did this many years ago with PTViewer and Windows Media Player with a train station, overpass and crossing. Was always limited by it needing Windows media player.
Each "zone" for sound will be able to run it's own stereo tracks I would assume.

Will be a great addition to Pano2VR.

Regards, Smooth 8)