Tour on a TV, possible?

Q&A about the latest versions
capedoryus

Can a tour made with pano pro be presented on a "smart TV". I would like the tour to change nodes as it does on the computer. I did check to see what browsers are included with the new TVs and the majority option seems to be negative. Most of the discussion is around using the browsers for surfing. Would like to present a tour as a low maintence selling tool. Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a repete question.
John Conway
360Texas

Pano2vr pro or Pano2vr Standard is possibly not the question. I would think that either one might work.

If the panorama tour is on a notebook... can you use HDMI (or other similar cable like USB) connected to the TV to show the work. On our Sony Flat screen its possible to use the USB to display the notebook screen. The notebooks screen resolution should be close to the TV resolution like 1024 x 768 or 1920 x1200.

The TV "device input" would have to be selected in order to view the notebook. For example... the TV has 6 USB inputs. The TV controller has an 'Input' button... to toggle through the menu list of input ports 1,2,3,4,5,6. AND the TV and notebook resolution would have to be very close otherwise the TV screen displaying the notebook might looked squished or stretched.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Don

Hi Dave, I needed to look up "smart TV" myself - first time I'd ever heard a TV called smart:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_TV

Seems to me a "smart TV" could be similar to browsing the web on a Wii or an xBox...which should be similar to any other Internet device, in an ideal world. So, if the "smart TV" has a current web browser, then the panos should display just fine. The keyword is "current", i.e. up-to-date, modern, javascript enabled, etc.

I imagine an Internet-connected, flat-panel, smart TV would work well as a customer kiosk hanging on the wall in a model home, or in the lobby of an office tower, maybe even Touch-screen.
360Texas

True, just because a smart TV has a browser.. the ones I have seen are browsing limited to Netflix... and other closely held paid programming suppliers. Some have may changed over this last year. Yes, the Kiosk approach was what I was referring to. VR panoramas on a notebook linked by a USB or HDMI cable to USB TV port sounded like what they were asking about... "clients TV" see the panoramas.

Expanded TV usage.. Panoramas on a website... Smart TV able to browse the website.. would be better of course.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
capedoryus

Thanks Dave and Don, I did read a suggestion of using a raspberry pie as the computer to feed the TV. As I discover more I will post. At this point I am trying to figure out how to get a skin to scale to a mobile device. Thanks again and any suggestions on posts re skin and positioning for mobile devices is appreciated. I got the tour to work great on a laptop but SVGs are out of view on the phone screen. Any feedback is appreciated.
John
Don

John, I'm no skin scaling expert or I'd provide a solid answer. However, this phrase "site:gardengnomesoftware.com scale skin mobile device" in Google Search returns lots of results, especially this Pano2vr tutorial on the subject of outputting to mobile devices:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pan ... 3_Settings

Also, Dave maintains a helpful list of device screen dimensions always pinned to the 1st post of this forum. Here is the direct link:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f4c34fd6fa

If need be, create a new post on this forum with "Scale Skin for Mobile Device" as the subject instead of "Tour on a TV, possible?" to attract the attention of some of the other pano2vr users that I have seen provide very nice (and complex) tour skins.

Don

REFERENCES
a. Raspberry Pi. Credit card computer. Minimal RAM. xBox 1 graphic equivalent:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs
capedoryus

Thanks Don