background audio ipad.

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

Is is me, or is background media audio fubared on the iPad?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Audio was never good with the Apple mobile devices.
iOS6 has seen an improvement but still you can not also start audio.
At one point you could only play one sound at a time, with iOS6 you can play more then one but then trying to control it is a real pain.

What problem are you having?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RobM

Hopki wrote:Hi,
Audio was never good with the Apple mobile devices.
iOS6 has seen an improvement but still you can not also start audio.
At one point you could only play one sound at a time, with iOS6 you can play more then one but then trying to control it is a real pain.

What problem are you having?
Regards,
Hopki
Will be the autostart playing up then. Basically I just added some environmental noise as the panos load. Works ok on all desktop platforms but not on the iPad.
So I guess the option would be a button to manually on/off the audio rather than just auto start and a button to switch off/on
Hopki
Gnome

The best way around this is to have a "how to use the pano" splash screen, then when you close it this starts the sound.
Once the sound has been started once you can then use node markers and tags to start sounds in other panoramas.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RobM

Hopki wrote:The best way around this is to have a "how to use the pano" splash screen, then when you close it this starts the sound.
Once the sound has been started once you can then use node markers and tags to start sounds in other panoramas.
Regards,
Hopki
nice little bit of jiggerypokery there ^ I already have a main splash screen, I'll wire that up.
Cheers.