Outputting final files for use on website

Q&A about the latest versions
Steve Schultz

I have five .swf files of a home tour ready to go. How do I combine these so that when someone clicks on a virtual tour button the first swf. will show up with the hotspot links to the other rooms. Can these be combined into one "master file" that the web person will put into the webpage? What is the best way to test these files? Just open them up in flash and see if the links work? Or is this something the person putting the website together handles? I'm new to
Pano 2VR and am running into a lot of problems and questions about things that seemed fairly straightforward on the tutorials. Thanks, Steve.
Smourt

Hey Steve...

Here is the way pano2vr works...

Create a single virtual image (spherical cylinder etc) by selecting input then select "flash" then select a skin... there are a couple pre-made... do this 5 times...
( have five .swf files of a home tour ready to go
remember to save the *P2VR file each time so you can open and edit further each time you want to make a change

You have probably already done this already...

then select the hotspots editor as per the tutorials and create links between the various virtual images follow the tutorials closly and you cant go wrong... link all the rooms as you would like them to be linked...
these should all be saved in the same folder...

when you click on the "spanner" you should also select an html output... either for the "entrance pano" or for each... then when you open the first it will link to the swf images as well...

your web person needs to drop them onto the web in the same folder... and link to the entrance "html"...

best way to test is to open the html file and look... nothing hard...

Study the tutorials and view the ggsk files people have loaded onto the forums...
Steve Schultz

Thanks Again Smourt, I'm with you on creating the hotspot links and keeping everything in the same folder. But I lose you on the part about clicking on the "spanner". I can't find a reference to spanner or entrance pano doing a search of the documentation.
I understand the concept - it's like creating a main index page for a website. Looking at the skins actions info I see that when an element is given an action the element can send the viewer to a different swf. But I thought that was what the hotspots editor was for, to click on a hotspot and be sent to another pano. Can you tell me which tutorials cover this? Should I be looking at hotspots or skins? I guess as you say I need to create an entrance pano file that will include the opening pano and the others as well that are linked by hotspots. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it, Steve.
Smourt

Ok...
I was somewhat misleading...!

Open pano2vr screen devided in 2 left has input user data and Hotspots as well as sound...
right has the output which has 4 buttons a spanner, cogs and monitor and a minus sign... the spanner, creates the output... you should output to flash...(drop down menu)

When you create a tour it consists of several spherical/cylidircal images and which are linked together by the index pano which contains the skin... the skin basically is the buttons sound etc...

so what you need to do is create a swf with the skin you want, output it in flash and then save it... ok do the same with the next... and save it... etc... now you have 5...

then start with the first and create hotspots to the other 5 etc etc till you have linked them all together... the urls that you would link to are the swf files...

most of the skins use point hotspots.. then there are two types in the hotspot editor...

I would download the tutorials, start with Hotspots, Part 1 and 2, the hotspots Part 2 is the one whic specifically deals with what you require to help you through linking between panoramas...

SO what happens is when they are all linked together the index pano will take on the properties of the skin and will follow through on all the other panos, if you wanted another skin you would need to link to the html that you created... in order for it to tak on that panos skin...
Steve Schultz

Smourt, you got me on the spanner. I guess I thought of it more as a wrench. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
I'll get a chance to work on this today and hopefully can post that I've got it figured out.
Steve Schultz

Thanks for the help guys, you made it much easier than it would have been. I at least got it to the point where I could get the files to the web person and now I can learn without the pressure. Steve.