Questions + Requests

Q&A about the latest versions
gabriele

Yesterday I purchased Pano2VR, I downloaded the beta too.

1) I can't drag and drop 16bit fp open.exr files
2) Is it possible to change exposure and gamma of input hdr images?
3) Why I can't import hemispherical panos? (Hyperfocal)
4) I saw that the preview uses Opengl...could you add a proprietary format to output directx/opengl 3d panos?
5) How can I add animated swf buttons?
6) Is it possible to record movements? for example i record a sequence (a list) of movements and zooms
8) Is it possible to play pano presentations with auto rotations, delays and autoadvance? (to the next pano)
9) How can I fade from a pano to another?
10) How can I import still full screen images and switch them with panos?
11) Is it possible to fade between two audio tracks?
12) Is it possible to add a flv video stop it at ###th frame, starting the pano and switch again to the flv video from the ###th frame?
13) Is it possible to add a button that moves a 3d pano to a specific position and switch it to another pano with different textures but with the same position? For example I have two 3d cubic renderings, i want navigate the first then with a button switch the second rendering from the same exact position...switching the floor texture The two (or more) panos have to share all together the same position.

Best regards

Gabriele
gabriele

In the skin editor I don't understand how to put my pano backgrounds to precisely position hotsposts
if I change buttons scale, rotation or alpha I don't see any graphic feedback
Why I can't scale directly the icons?

Thanks for the answers

Best regards
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Gabrielle,

I think your expectations are not realistic.
You have bought a license without checking first if all you want to do with Pano2VR is possible (btw most IS possible and a lot is NOT) and without giving yourself the time, or the understanding, that you need to start at the lower part of the learning curve.
Instead you come with a bunch of questions that makes it clear that you have little or none experiences with Pano2VR.

Please start with a simple project and build your own knowledge from there and by doing this you will learn how to use the skin editor, the hotspot editor, the HTML editor, the advanced options, etc, etc, and you will learn all about the element actions, about the limits of the GUI of the skin editor and when you have all the basics skills then it is a lot easier to answer your questions.
So again, start with a simple project, take a look at the many tutorial videos and after that I am sure you have answered a lot of your own questions.

Success in climbing the learning curve ;-)

Wim.

PS, when you "Disable smilies" in the message options when posting (it can be done later as well) then question 8) is tagged properly.
BTW, is there no question 7 ;-)
gabriele

Being a 3d artist I would like to have many more options and a skin editor more powerful...and obviously I will pay more...:)
For example I can't draw circles...(!)
OK, a triangle in not a useful 2d geometry but a circle is the base to draw a simple button...
I can't resize the icons, I found a bunch of icons but I can't resize them into the skin editor.
I haven't any preview of what I'm doing, I have to build the swf file to see a preview...really bad...
This is valide for rotation or alpha...no feedback...I have to draw in blind mode...
I don't want a skin editor powerful like Photoshop but with the basic options...:)

BTW
I can say that Pano2VR is really simple and powerful...now I undestood how to link multiple hotspots to skin hotspots....no video explain this...;)

Best regards

Gabriele
thomas
Chief Gnome

ad 1): Did you use the latest 2.3beta4? If yes, does other OpenEXR files work?
ad 2): Currently not, because I think this is job for Photoshop.
ad 3): New projections will be added, but it will take a while... I have a bigger plan ;).
ad 4): There are several OpenGL/DirectX player, my favorite is DevalVR
ad 5): You can search the Skin forum for this...
ad 6-12): Currently not
ad 13): You can use the $cur placeholder as the position for the next pano to move it to the same spot.
MfG, Thomas
gabriele

Dear Thomas,
thanks for your answers.
I dragged my open exr rendering rendered with 3ds Max but Pano2VR beta failed to open it.
Is it possible (in a future Pano2VR release) add a loop alpha fade option?
I don't have Flash CS Pro and I can't edit a flash file, but I would like to animate a button cycling the fade in-out (or another transformation)

Best regards

Gabriele