playing VT from CD...

Q&A about the latest versions
stalwart

Hi all,

I've been asked by a Client to put a virtual tour onto a CD as an electronic sales details.

Is there a program I can download & buy that will collate the files, and add the necessary 'autorun' feature?

How do I go about this project?

cheers
Stu

(also posted on Panoguide)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stu
I use Auto Play Media Studio, I use the software for making cd-roms for my printer training courses, but works fine with panos and can produce CD/DVD or web download. Here and Here, click save. The first one is 800 x 600 fixed while the second can be maximised.

You can add sound make your own buttons etc, etc.
Send me over some info and I probably could make it for you if you did not want to perchase the software for a single cliant.

Kind regards

Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HansNyberg

Hopki wrote:Hi Stu
I use Auto Play Media Studio, I use the software for making cd-roms for my printer training courses, but works fine with panos and can produce CD/DVD or web download. Here and Here, click save. The first one is 800 x 600 fixed while the second can be maximised.

You can add sound make your own buttons etc, etc.
Send me over some info and I probably could make it for you if you did not want to perchase the software for a single cliant.
Hopki :)
Unfortunately it can not create cross platform tours.

The best way to do that is to create a projector. It is very easy to do it and it is free just using the Standalone Flashviewer from Adobe.
The only problem is that you need to have a Mac and PC to make both projectors for Mac and PC.
However you can overcome the problem by creating a special introduction projector which can be reused for all projects. That means you just need to have this done once. You just need to always use the same name for your first panorama

For Thomas:
To make a projector open directly in fullscreen without need to click the button you need to create an option for that. I guess it is very easy to implement also in Pano2VR (for FPP we have an extra swf)
Se info how here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14231.html

Hans
hum@no.id

The only problem is that you need to have a Mac and PC to make both projectors for Mac and PC.
For multiplatform conception try it - MDM Zinc - http://www.multidmedia.com/software/zinc/

Output - hybrid CD's with two different projectors (Windows / Mac OSX)
Zinc™ 3.0 compiles your SWF Files into Powerful Desktop Applications (Projectors) for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Create Stunning Commercial Applications, Screensavers, Widgets, CD Roms, DVD's, Kiosks and More.
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
HansNyberg

$349.99
Ha, I can buy a cheap PC or Mac to do it on for that.

Hans
HansNyberg

I did a short test on the Zinc application. It does work but it has no real fullscreen option. You can set it to open maximized but the Pano2VR fullscreen button does not work as it does in a Flash Projector from the standalone from Adobe.
Tried also with FPP but it fails obviously because it does not work with XML files, The XML connection is lost.

Hans