Color space

Q&A about the latest versions
jrsforums

It just struck me that I had not seen (or maybe more accurately...don't remember seeing) anything pertaining to color space.

Does Pano2VR automatically convert the output to sRGB or does the input need to be converted to this color space before starting?

Thank...JOHN
360Texas

That is a good question I think only Thomas can answer.

Because all our imaging is taken using the larger color space Adobe RGB. [sRGB is a subset of RGB]. We process all in verified 16 bit RGB up to the point of conversion to Flash .swf ... once its in .swf format I don't have any way of knowing.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thatkeith

It seems that Pano2VR converts content to Adobe RGB even if it arrives in sRGB format. I work in Adobe RGB because it is a better color space, but I prefer to deliver in sRGB because that's assumed by most final web players and colors can be dulled down slightly if it isn't in sRGB for the final output.

Pano2VR should either respect the color space of the input image and output it in the same space - or it should offer color space conversion (matching Photoshop's Edit > Convert to Profile results) in the app. I would prefer the latter, as it would mean I could keep my master equirects in Adobe RGB and have Pano2VR do the saturation-preserving conversion as part of the final QTVR/SWF/cubeface generation.

k
jrsforums

I really wish Thomas would comment and/or explain.

John
thomas
Chief Gnome

As answered on several occasions: Pano2VR/Object2VR do not convert the color space and Flash only supports sRGB so the input images have to be in sRGB otherwise you will notice a color shift.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Thomas, Thank you for helping us understand the technical aspect of sRGB and Flash
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com