Enhancements? or Doable Now?

Q&A about the latest versions
Robert Harshman

I'm looking to create a couple set of VRs for clients.
r
One will show a before and after, I'd like to allow a automatic and/or controlled and blended transition in a full 360 by 180, no cylindrical.

The second set will have lots of embedded video thats part of the VR, i.e. as if a TV set was on inside the VR .

is it possible to do either or both of these today using Pano2VR 2.2.2?

If not, any chance the next beta will :) and any idea on timeframe?

Thanks

Robert
pookis

Aha, I need almost the same - how to load external .swf as audio and to control them using buttons.
Looking forward to Pano2VR 3.0.0.0 beta :P

I know that Krpano has that function but I love Pano2VR, it's so intuitive.
erik leeman

Including video in a Pano2VR flash panorama is not a problem, but I haven't (yet) been able to control that video using Pano2VR skin elements.
So if you include buttons or whatever controls in the video itself (by using a 'real' flash editor) the visitor can 'play-pause-stop/rewind' it.
Pano2VR buttons can only make the video window visible/invisible etc., but even when it is invisible you'll still hear the audio track playing until the video finishes.
Sticking that video window on the VR image itself, so that it properly warps as if it was part of the scene, is just as impossible as it is with any other graphical element. This is a bog standard functionality of other Flash converters, not so with Pano2VR alas.

Erik