Pano2VR Menu?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Hopki
Gnome

Hers a thought, using Pano2VR to make a menu and load panos into an inline frame.
Click Here
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hutch

I like that, I was going to ask if there was to be some kind of 'scrolling place holder' for thumbs in the skin editor coming at all, i think that would be a great addition to this software. 8)
smooth

Now you see that would clever if you could have used the API to point a thumbnail to a scene of a tour.
Come to think of it you can do that with the skin editor anyway! Without the need of making separate Flash movies.
Still, good to see you enjoying yourself and finding new options.

How about replicating what you have done with solely the skin editor. I can see no reason why you couldn't get the same effect and you could pull scenes or different movies.

Regards, Smooth 8)
erik leeman

The possibility of building interactive interface elements like Hopki's that work inside a fullscreen panorama is the reason why I want to be able to nest Pano2VR (and Object2VR) Flash files. This would give you very sophisticated interaction and movement of elements using VERY simple methods! AND you could make it modular and adaptable without any extra effort. My test with the watch objectmovie I 'borrowed' from FlashDen (the 360° Product Viewer) seems to prove that this can work, it just doesn't with Pano/Object2VR output (yet).
I am keeping my fingers crossed that Thomas manages (and wants) to make it possible!

In the meantime I downloaded a 30-day trial version of Adobe Flash Pro CS4, and I am watching every tutorial video I can find about Flash CS4. So (if necessary) I hope to be able to build something presentable myself in a few weeks time....

Cheers!

Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Thanks chaps for the heads up, :D
Erik wrote:So you made menu.swf in Pano2VR?
Hi Eric, yes all made with Pano2VR, the menu is a pano with point hotspots with image overlays imported as buttons; I replaced the cube with white faces, then set face size and quality down to 1.

Hummmm learning CS4, why not, if your going to use it. I have made the decision to stick to just using Pano2VR to create everything, I have only used Flash to make the small slide shows in the house tours because I can not do this in Pano2VR at the moment. I am trying to keep the workflow down to minim, doing so means I can build a data base of skin elements to cut and paste for future projects speeding up production time. Mixing Pano and Object2VR swf files is on the list for Thomas as this was one of the first things I thought of when Objet2VR came out.

Being able to load into an iframe is cool, you could have a pano at the top of the page and clicking on a hotspot loads an Objet in the iframe below, having two displays rather than one. This I think would be better for visitors, as they would not need to try and find their way back to the pano from the object, and you can do this right now.

Smooth wrote:Now you see that would clever if you could have used the API to point a thumbnail to a scene of a tour.
Come to think of it you can do that with the skin editor anyway! Without the need of making separate Flash movies.
Still, good to see you enjoying yourself and finding new options.

Hi Smooth,
All ready done the above, with an onclick change element posistion action. Also used the Java API to back this up in the webpage body text, the only problem with this at the moment is that you get a “Loaded with Errors” message in IE, all still works fine but just does not look good. :(

Smooth wrote:How about replicating what you have done with solely the skin editor. I can see no reason why you couldn't get the same effect and you could pull scenes for different movies.
I have ideas on this and will experiment. :D

All the best chaps

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik
Hares an update of the, in skin thumb/menu slider. The arrows work better. :D
Cheers
Martin
Attachments
Menu.ggsk
(588.96 KiB) Downloaded 710 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com