Scaling logo

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Bigwunder

Hello everyone,
I just upgraded from Pano2QTVR to Pano2VR and am very excited to have found this forum. I have a question but am almost embarrassed to ask it after seeing all the amazing things people are doing with the software. I worked through several of the tutorials on the website and found that using the software is pretty easy, but just like playing an instrument it is easy to make a sound but very difficult to play a song. please forgive me if this question has already been ask on the forum, as I have not yet read through every post.

When applying a logo to the skin editor is there a way to make the logo scale from small screen to full screen, I noticed some scaling work being done on the loading bar tutorial but didn't fully understand if that worked only for loading bars, or if I could apply it to a company logo as well.

any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance for your time.
Thanks,
Bill Wunderlich
zap

Hi Bigwunder

As I know this doesn't work. I think there is a recent thread about it in this forum.
But you can add a button in the skin which when hit changes the skin and eventually the size of your logo and makes the other one switch away.

You would have to try a little with the toggle element view action.

See my pano for skins appearing or disappearing respectively for showing hiding maps
http://www.luxmap.lu/virtualtours/vt09001/vt09001.html
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
erik leeman

Why wouldn't scaling work?
You just need to know that you can make a button do several things at once.
So if you make a button that toggles small screen to full screen and back, it can also scale your logo at the same time if you want it to.

step 1: add your logo-image to the list of elements in the skin editor and give it a name and place etc.
step 2: in its Properties screen, under the Settings tab, look for 'Scaling'. change 1,00 for both x and y to, let's say 0,5 and click OK.

step 3: In the Actions/Modifiers tab of your 'Full-Screen' Button Properties screen, add an action with 'Mouse Click' in the Source column.
step 4: Choose 'Toggle Element Scale' in the Action column next to it.
step 5: fill in the x-scale and y-scale factors you want to apply to your logo, I would suggest using 1,00 for both of them, so fill in 1/1.
step 6: select your logo-image (its name) in the Target column on the right.
Then click OK, and you are done.

The reason I advise you to make your logo smaller then actually it is for the small screen, and 100% sized for the full-screen is that scaling down generally works better than scaling up.

Erik
Bigwunder

Wow, thanks for the quick and thorough response, I appreciate the help and will try it out shortly. :D
zap

Hi Eric

Didn't thaught on that one.

I generalized that an image can't change size simply by switching to fullscreen mode.
But you're right by adding a command to the fullscreen button to change the behavior of an element should work.

Cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer