360 Video

Q&A about the latest versions
japortega

Hi everyone, I have 360 Video in my Tour Browser. And when I generate it in output the 360 Video takes 15 seconds+ to automatically play the video, sometimes it play then suddenly stop. Is there a way to make it faster.

Thank you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The video uses the browser's native video support, so you want the video no larger than 3840 x 1920px.
I know most desktops will be able to support 5,7K but most mobiles will not play this, so target the lowest denominator, that said even 3840 may be too high for budget Android phones, so 2048 will be more robust.

Also what makes a big difference is are your videos web web-optimised.
This goes for all videos not just 360.

Using something like HandBrake allows you to resize the video and has the Web Optimised setting.
An unoptimised video will start to download without playing, when it downloads a certain amount then it may start but then stop again.
With being web optimised it tells the browser all the information about the video and all the information will be at the start of the video, the browser can start to play the video much sooner.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/