Basic question about pano size and display size

Q&A about the latest versions
ffurger

Let's assume one has a huge pano, one that takes up several GB of disk space.
Now let's assume one would like to display this pano not only on an 8k display, but also on a cell phone, one with a limited display resolution.

What happens if I try to display this huge pano on a modest cell phone display?
Does pano2VR scales down the pano, or does it simply download the entire pano in the available space, independently of screen size?

-Franco
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Franco,
This is what multiresolution was built for so you will not have an issue.

How it works is that Pano2VR makes several copies, each half the size of the preceding image.
Then each image is split up into smaller tiles.

The screen size will determine what resolution level is loaded.
Let's assume a low-resolution image is loaded for a phone's small screen which looks nice given the screen size.
But then as you pinch zoom, when you get past a certain zoom level the tiles in the area will get swapped out for the next resolution up.
Please see our example LINK
This 360 panorama is 900k wide, as you zoom in the tiles will swap for higher resolution tiles, but only in the area you are looking.
So you never swap out all the images.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ffurger

That's what I suspected, but I wanted to be sure. Thank you for getting back to me.

-Franco
ffurger

I had a look at your example. Impressive.
Do you know how this pano was taken, like how many photos on the horizontal axis were necessary, how many totally, what lens was used etc.?