Browser Black/ Blank

Q&A about the latest versions
michael63

Known issues with browser and local file restrictions

Karyn posted a link to fix the problem https://ggnome.com/faqs/?Display_FAQ=12436

Unfortunately I can’t seem to get any of these to work on the PC, although when I render a project in Pano 2vr7 it does display output in MS Edge
Any thoughts on how to get one of these browsers to work properly on the PC (on line all work) using win 10
Michael

Chrome
Windows:
1. Close Chrome.
2. Go to Chrome’s location on your computer. (Usually found in the Applications folder.)
3. Hold down shift and right-click to show Open command window here in the context menu. Select Open command window here.
4. Enter: Chrome.exe —allow-file-access-from-files
5. Restart Chrome.
Firefox
1. Open Firefox and enter about:config in the search bar. A “Proceed with Caution” page will appear. Click, “Accept the Risk and Continue.”
2. In the search bar that says, “Search preference name”, enter security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy.
3. Change that setting from true to false
MS Edge
1. Open a new tab.
2. Ctrl+O
3. Navigate to the HTML file
(Are we missing some information here)
michael63

I used to use Firefox ver 4.8, to view the output Pano2VR7 files, ( was working OK, been busy on other projects, noticed Firefox ver 4.8 was working oddly so uninstall and reinstalled, blank page ) but more impotently I use Iframes and direct node access on a web page to link the Pano2VR7 output files, the at this moment in time cannot not see whether the links and direct node access are work properly, unless I put it online as these are large file that’s is not that practical
I suspect windows 10 updates could be adding to this problem.

Michael
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Why not use the desktop package viewer, open it up and drop in the index.html page.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
michael63

Yes that works well, I assoclated GGPKG Viewer for Pano2VR only, not for display webpage, fixes my problem, Thanks