Embedding Video into Panorama using 360 Video

Q&A about the latest versions
IvanMJ

Hi ALL,

I am keen on embedding video into my panoramas - see the Garden Gnome YouTube video https://youtu.be/68sHwOC49Is?t=5 which makes use of Adobe Photoshop by using a video layer feature.

I am not keen on paying an annual subscription to Adobe and I have hunted without success for an alternative app with the same essential feature as Adobe Photoshop.

I am new to 360 video - I now have an Insta360 ONE RS 1-inch Edition camera - and it has occurred to me that in principle one could set up the camera stationary on a tripod and make a 360 video with some action taking place in a fixed location. The 360 video can be converted into a non 360 video with the action taking place at the centre of the video. The same camera can be used to create a panorama. Basic masking can be done to the video by a number of free software packages and the video inserted into the panorama using Pano2VR. Scaling would be by trial and error.

My question is whether anyone has made use of 360 videos to embed an action part of that video into a panorama created from the same camera position?

Another question is are there alternative apps to Adobe Photoshop which can be used in a similar way as shown in the above Garden Gnome YouTube video?

Thank you for your response,
Ivan