360 and flat image mix - how to open flat images in popup

Q&A about the latest versions
kronpano

Hi there,
I might have done something silly or I'm just missing something.
I have imported panoramas AND flat images into a project (the ones in the red area are panoramas, the rest are flat images)
Image.

This allows me to use the cloner to generate one menu for panoramas and one for still images using tags
Image.

So I have my pano thumbnail menu
which works fine.
The map works fine with all images and panos shown

and the still image menu

shows everything fine.
The problem is - how do I now open a flat image from the map pin or the still image menu in an overlay?? I've got an image popup defined in the skin and I can see it popping up when I choose a flat image from the menu but I've been struggling to get the image to actually show in an overlay.

Using a "Open Next Panorama" action (which I guess is designed for - well - panoramas and not flat images) opens the flat image in the "main panorama" area and not in an image popup.
Is there any way to define a target for a flat image node?
Or can I not really use a mix of pano and flat in the way I set it up??
kronpano

Is there any way??
Over the weekend I had a look at several gallery solutions posted in the forum but still can't get it to work.

Am I right in assuming that I can't really change the "External URL" or image source of an added image dynamically - tried using javascript and variables but couldn't manage it.

Any other solution I am considering (don't know yet if they work) will certainly be a lot of work if nodes/images need to be rearranged
One solution I had in mind is to use the cloner for the menu as is but I would also open the flat images in separate overlays and toggle their visibility based on a image menu or map pin click.
Certainly not elegant since I would keep all images basically open all the time.

The problem with other gallery solutions is that the request is - panoramas and flat images should have the same drop-down menu structure (or even be combined in one drop-down) with the same categories
Both - images and maps should be visible on the map and be clickable in the way that a click on a panorama opens a new panorama and a click on an image opens the image+description in the image overlay.
Hopki
Gnome

Responded on Facebook.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
kronpano

So after playing with galleries over the weekend I settled for the following approach.

I took the full size flat images and made a separate gallery project out of them with direct node access enabled.
All the information for the gallery (flat image) pop-up is contained in that project (titles and descriptions).

In the main project I am using thumb size duplicates of the flat images which still have the GPS data (for map markers) and I have to manually duplicate the tiles (for the cloner to create the menu with thumbnail and title).
Then using the gallery as an asset I have added this action to the cloner for the flat image thumbnails

Code: Select all

<iframe src="assets/MedGalleryOut/index.html#node$(ud)" title="Node image" style="border:none; width:100%;  height:100% ; -moz-border-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-radius: 18px; border-radius: 18px" allowfullscreen="false"  scrolling="no"></iframe>
and a similar one to the map marker of the flat images.
The User Data description is being used for the direct node access.

The only "downside" is that I need to create small thumb images (which I strictly don't need to do) and duplicate the title description but I can live with that.