Map pin and Click events

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
paulk

Sorry posted to quick!!

Hello all

I have been using floorplans and associated map pins for years now evertythings works just fine.
I want to bring the floorplan container up to date with an alpha change in and out:
  • When opened it eases in over 1.25 sec - looks great.
    • When a map pin is clicked I'd like to have the floorplan container change it's Alpha back to 0 over 1.25sec giving a nice easing out look.

But i can't get this to work.

Works fine if i set the map_pin click event to just close the floorplan container but no joy on change alpha.
      I've even tried making the only event the change alpha but it won't work.

Wonder if I'm missing something obvious here?
paulk

Quick update

I've managed to do part of what I wanted.
The container the floorplan is in has a close button - which changes alpha of the whole container to 0 over 1.25 sec.
I've set a trigger click in the map_pin to this close button. It duly closes the floorplan container over 1.25 secs!

However the whole transition to the next pano is a bit jerky. - the change pano event fires then the floorplan container fades out resulting in a not so smooth transition.

It seems to me that I need this to happen in this order:
  • On map_pin click fade out over 1.25secs the container of floorplan. (Achieved see above)
  • On map_pin click Wait 1.25 secs before opening next panorama (so that floorplan container has done its alpha change)
But how do you go about creating the timer event for the opening of the next panorama?
Can't figure that one out!
paulk

A further update.
Seems I've cracked it.

After a lot of trial and error here's what I've created:

1. Open the floorplan.
2. Click on one of the inactive hotspots.
3. Floorplan container changes alpha from 1 to 0 over 1.25sec.
4. New panorama cross disolves after floorplan has 0 Alpha.
5. All seamless and looks fluid with no abrupt transitions.

Here's how i did it:

Create map_pin container with the following child elemnts: 1 svg for active button and another svg for inactive button and a timer (Manual / one time).

The map_pin conatiner has two on click actions: send a 1.25 value to the timer and the other trigger-clicks a button that reduces floorplan container's alpha to 0 over 1.25 secs.
The timer has an on deactivate value of open next panorama ($hu).

So what happens is a nice smooth transition between the clicking of the hotspot, the closing of the floorplan and the opening of the new panorama.

Would be good to hear your comments.

Hope this helps someone!