tour issues

Q&A about the latest versions
wiremu

I have the latest version of Pano2VR and am trying to create a tour linking swf panos with hotspots. I have watched the tutorial and I think ive followed it correctly however when I click on a hotspot all that happens it that the pano resets itself and the hot spot relocates itself (and actually 4 vertical lines appear .. at 90 deg intervals)

What am I doing wrong?

Any clues or hints appreciated

Tim

www.tim.co.nz :?
smooth

Hello Tim,

Is this issue local or online?
Flash has security issue's when local unless you adjust them.

Otherwise offering your skin .gssk so we can look will be the easiest way.

Regards, Smooth 8)
wiremu

just local at this stage (havent tried online yet) yes im aware of the security issue.. I can get the initial pano to run but the hotspot link doesnt seem to work.? How do I send you a .gssk file ?

Thanks

Tim
smooth

wiremu wrote:just local at this stage (havent tried online yet) yes im aware of the security issue.. I can get the initial pano to run but the hotspot link doesnt seem to work.? How do I send you a .gssk file ?

Thanks

Tim
You should try online to see if this is your problem first. (local Flash security issue)

You can attach uploads to the forum using the "Upload Attachments" tab when posting a reply. Alternatively upload the file to your server and post a link to download.

Regards, Smooth 8)
wiremu

Thanks Smooth, nope still doesnt work on or off line..

here is my skin for what its worth?

also heres whats happening > http://www.tim.co.nz/tour%20test/loungehigh.html

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

Tim
Attachments
Tim.ggsk
my skin
(159.38 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
smooth

Hello Tim,

OK, I see the problem you see now. I have never seen that before.
It may be the problem that others reported when using hotspots and cylindrical images? Though I thought this issue was solved.
What version of Pano2VR are you using to create this?

The skin you have uploaded is NOT the skin from your movie that is online.

Come to think of it.....
What method (workflow) are you using to create the hotspots?

Regards, Smooth 8)
wiremu

It is the same for me on two different PCs.
I use v.2.2.1

Method ??
Well.. I drop in a pano, add the Point hotspot (should the "enable " box be checked on the Area window?? )
I then select the flash output, name the output file, choose a skin, (usually the controller_metal.ggsk )

Select Enable HTML , Select Normal Template (.ggt)

What does the Externalise -Panorama images
-Skin Data do?
I then name the html output and click OK.

and generate the flash file.

Tim
smooth

Hello Tim,

OK I followed your workflow and made a successful cylindrical panorama with hotspot.
(understand I don't normally ever shoot cylindrical panoramas and have never used Pano2VR for this style of pano).

My example seems to work fine as you can see here.

Things that "may" be of importance to your project.

1) You need to add _self to the Point hotspot target zone/input box.
2) All files must be in the same directory.
3) What is the dimension of your cylindrical panorama image and the target image in your second movie?

There is no need to "Externalise Images" so these boxes should not be checked when publishing.

Externalising the images is just that, making the images external to the .swf movie (meaning they are loose) this is good for skins and menu buttons that are used over and over again on multiple panoramas. This was you can upload (a single set of images to your server to save space) for the menu and any of your panoramas can call these external images for use and display in every panorama. (so long as the "path" to the images is correctly edited within the .html).

You are far better off at this stage creating self contained .swf panorama movies and keeping all linked movies in the very same directory/folder.
In this case you have 2x .swf movies and 1x .html file.

Clear as mud?

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth 8)
wiremu

Hi Smooth,

Thanks so much for all your efforts to solve my problems and apologies for not getting back sooner. I really appreciate your help.
I have since bitten the bullet and bought a nikkor 10.5 fisheye with works great and also making the spherical 360's (as best as i can )

I am trying to make a nice smooth looking "tour" complete with "objects" to look at (this is for a demo for the local police with the possibility of me shooting their crime scenes) I would like to be able to keep the whole thing Full screen and also have some way of being able to click on hotspots to get a "closer" view of things without leaving the main screen. Take a look here you will see what I mean >> http://www.tim.co.nz/scenedemo/ (excuse the messy house )

Any ideas here?

Kind Regards

Tim
360Texas

Great idea. Love the hammer. I hope you can get the magic marker ink blot off the ceiling.

Only issue I see is when clicking on the hotspot.. it pops up a new page that is full screen. Now need to find a way to have the popup be sized to the same size as the image (hammer) image.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
wiremu

Thanks Dave,
Yes the whiteboard marker wasnt that easy to get off.. bit of a panick for a bit! :oops:

I am trying to edit a skin that Martin gave me to do this.. its amzing! http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/hosting ... drea2.html

But on a job by job basis it maybe too much work (I still cant get my head around it yet)

Any ideas how to disply images on hotposts nicely?

Cheers

Tim
smooth

Hello Tim,

Everything you want to achieve is possible using Pano2VR. It's just a case of learning.
Hotspot images should be made in PNG-24 format. That way seamless transparency can be used.

Most of what you need to do is covered in the "Skins" forum and watching the video tutorials.
If you need to get up to speed fast I do offer tuition for a fee on all aspects of panorama production.

I think you will get there if you really put the effort in. People will help you out as you go.

Regards, Smooth 8)