Zoom Shortcuts

Q&A about the latest versions
zitronenwolf

Hello,

I recently found out that only the +/- Keys from the numerical block of the keyboard work as a shortcut for zooming, not the other +/- Keys. Unfortunately most laptops don't have a numerical block.
I also tried to replace the +/- Keys in the skin editor by pressing the non-numerical-block +/- keys. But in the published tour only the numerical block is accepted.
How could I activate alle + and - keys to work?
Maybe it is important to say that I have a Mac laptop.

Best
Heiko
zitronenwolf

Is there no hope at all?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Heiko,
What skin are you using?
If you look at the zoom button, you will see in the buttons properties you can add a keyboard key to activate it.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
zitronenwolf

Hello,

I use a self-modified version of the simplex_v6. What I did: the zoom-btn from the controllers has the action "Pressed - Zoom In"... andn in the Advanced-Tab there is the Keyboard Shortcut "+" defined. But the zoom only starts with the +-key from the numerical keyboard, not from the main-keyboard.
I also trid to clear the "+" and enter the main-Keyboard-"+". But still only the numerical "+" works.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You really want to use something like A and Z.
That said you could use the laptop's keys, - and =.
Maybe add a second two containers and have all four.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
zitronenwolf

I don't understand what that helps - the , - and = key.
Maybe it's important to know that I have a German keyboard layout. The minus-key is left of the right shift-key and the +-key is left of the return-key.
My problem is the following: When I explain in the help-screen that you can zoom in and out with + or - the possibility is very high that someone only hits the + and - keys from the left part of the keyboard (in a full layout) or one doesn't have the numerical block. And then the viewer is very confused that the + and - keys don't work.

Best, Heiko