Keeping same view (P/T/F) with "$cur" placeholder

Q&A about the latest versions
Sharkster

I want some panoramas to switch while keeping the same perspective (P/T/F). I searched on how to achieve this (I'm on P2VR beta 7 v4).

For what I understand, I can simply add a new tour node, select the next panorama and set the target view to $cur.

So, that's what I do, but it doesn't work. What am I missing? Please explain, as if you would tell a child! :D

Thanks
Sharkster

Okay, I figured it out. For anyone else stumbling upon this: You literally only need to select "forward" from the "Target View" pull-down menu. That's it.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
For all following.
If you used the target "Current View", then the next panorama is opened using the same pan, tilt and FoV.
Current View uses the placeholder $(cur). You would see this if you selected expert mode.
We also have separate placeholders, $(ap) for angle pan, $(at) for angle tilt and $(af) for angle FoV.
These allow you to modify one or more of the parameters.

But if the panoramas do not quite line up, you would first use the North setting/Heading in both panoramas. Find a common reference in both panoramas, zoom in to get it as accurate as possible and set the North on that reference point, note it does not need to be North, but it is important that you use the same reference point in both panoramas.
Using forward will open each panorama using the North setting.

Again if you wanted to use individual placeholders you would use, N$(ap)/$(at)/$(af).
So you could use, N$(ap)/0/100, this means only the pan angle with North would be used but tilt and Fov can be set manually.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/