Hotspots not saved with project

Q&A about the latest versions
robertslade

Hello,

I am running the trial version of Pano2VR 2.1.0 on Windows Vista.

I have loaded a .mov file, created a series of hotspots and generated the project files including .html and .png. The hotspots work fine and clicking them jumps to the URL specified in the project.

The problem is when I load the project again, all of the hotspots are missing. Or at least half missing, they are in the drop down list on the "Modify Hotspots" page, but when selected, none of the regions are defined on the panorama and none of the links are generated.

Any help appreciated. I would like to buy the licence for this software, but it's not much use to me unless this feature works (or someone explains to me what I have done wrong).

Many thanks,
Robert Slade
--
thomas
Chief Gnome

This is a known issue. You have to convert the panorama from a .mov to for example cube faces or a strip (=just hit the convert button) before you can save the hotspot areas. The reason is that a .mov can also have embedded hotspots and they have priority over the external hotspot file because in most cases you just want to convert an existing mov with hotspots to Flash.
MfG, Thomas
robertslade

Thanks for the prompt reply Thomas, and pleased to say this has solved my problem!

If I could make a "wish list" suggestion about this, would it be possible to warn the user that their hotspots will be lost if the project is saved with a .mov file as input? Perhaps a pop up when the hotspot window is closed or when the project is saved?

One other minor problem is that when I try to double click the project saved with the .mov converted to horizontal strip, the "loading" window for the strip JPEG pops up before the licensing screen. It shows 100% but neither window is responsive. The only way out is to kill the process in task manager. Otherwise fine if I open the application first, acknowledge the licensing screen and then load the project.

Regards,
Robert Slade
--
ElRonno

I was having the same problem and located this workaround through the search fuction.
Kind regards,

Ron, de fotograaf Enschede.
michael

I had the same problem and wasted a lot of time finding this solution! I was even thinking about asking for my money back and looking for alternative software - because this functionality is so important to my work!

I agree completely with Robert - that if you try to save a project with hotspots defined and the input format is a .mov file - then the application should warn you very clearly and it should make the very direct point that you should convert the input format to something other than .mov to be able to save them.

Apart from that I am extremely impressed with the software - no small feat from a software architect of 25 years experience!

Michael Walker