Hosting - Client area

Q&A about the latest versions
RockHunter

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution how to have tours hosted online, so I can sent a link out to clients. The nature of our work means we have to do this confidentially, so if client A logs in, they can only see Tour 1,3 & 5 and if client B logs in they can only see 2, 4 &5.

There are plenty of CMS systems out there, but all of them require you to create the content directly through them - so a WP install will require you to create a post through WP, drupal, via drupal etc.
It is of course possible to set it up that way, but I'm hoping for a simpler client portal solution. The tours are hosted on a dedicated subdomain, so it's entirely independent of our main website.
Right now we have a structure where we just upload the tours into a directory for that job, but that's a clunky way of handling things.

Any tips much appreciated!

Wolfgang
Roy Reed

What I do is create a password protected folder for each client and load the relevant panoramas to those folders. Password protecting individual folders can be done very easily if your web hosting uses cPanel or some similar control panel.
RockHunter

Yes, that's one option - however it's getting really heavy - we have large tours with high res images, so there are tours that are 250mb large - copying them several times over seems like unnecessary space.

I might go the wordpress route with a user access manager plugin (or similar) and then load the tour with an iframe or so.

regards,
Wolfgang
Isaac Brown

Can you create your client access within WordPress and use the WordPress Pano2VR plugin to load your tours?
Isaac / IBCreative