Best 360 still camera for interior panos?

Q&A about the latest versions
Transforman

Best 360 still camera for interior panos?

Post by Transforman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi there,

what are your recommendations regarding a good 360 camera for interior panorama photos?
I do have a fisheye lens and a panorama tripod head that I'm using with my Sony A7RII sometimes but I need something that comes close in terms of quality while still being a one-shot camera.

The Ricoh Theta Z1 still isn't available and also not exactly cheap. Is there anything in the sub $1,000 range that shoots good quality photos inside as well as outside in direct sunlight?

Transforman

Re: Best 360 still camera for interior panos?

Post by Transforman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Does anyone have experience with the Insta360 ONE X? If so, would you mind posting a link to an interior tour?

Hopki
Gnome

Post by Hopki » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi,
I have one, but not used it to build any tours.
Stitching is not as good as the Ricoh Theta V IMO, but it has the advantage you can get the RAW photos from it.
But then if you're going to start photo edit then get a DSLR and get far better images.
Regards,
Hopki

greytail2018

Post by greytail2018 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:40 pm

I have been using an InstaPro One. I use it in AEB mode and take at least 3 bracketed images that I process in Aurora 2019 aa a batch.I do the same thing with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Then I stitch these images in Auto Pano Giga or PTGUI. Then I fix up the nadir/and or sky in Affinity Pro, then import the result into ON1 Photo Raw for final touches. Finally, I bring it into Pano2VR. I find this entire process retains GPS information, ready for Google Street View and website display. IMO, the result is a high resolution image, not as good as a DSLR (which I also have) but quick and convenient and if it is going to be displayed full screen on a website, entirely satisfactory. I am open to criticism but i think the images here are pretty respectable for a client who may get the occasional website visitor. You will note that I do not use any Adobe products!
www. maplesyrupvermont.com/panoramas