It it possible to add "logic" to a pinned video?

Q&A about the latest versions
1uv3

It it possible to add "logic" to a pinned video?

Post by 1uv3 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi,

I have been scouring the forums for an answer but have come back empty handed. Is it possible to add logic to a pinned video? The skin editor allows you to add logic to just about anything, however I do not see an option within Pano2VRs main GUI to add logic to videos, images, patches, hotspots, etc...

Is this something that can be done?

Thanks!
Creative expression is the Universe's only way of experiencing every configurative atomic possibility capable within a finite Universe.

Hopki
Gnome

Re: It it possible to add "logic" to a pinned video?

Post by Hopki » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Hummmm,
There are some actions that can control pinned media in the skin.
Have a look at this page: LINK
You're looking for Activate Media and Visibility Media.

None for patches, what would you want to do with hotspots?
Just curious.
Regards,
Hopki

1uv3

Post by 1uv3 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi Hopki,

Yes I know of the media actions within the skin editor however I was thinking more of.......well......let me just explain what I am trying to accomplish.

I would like to pin 2 videos. When the user clicks on video 1 it disappears and video 2 appears and begins to play. When video 2 finishes playing it will disappear and video one will reappear and begin to play in a loop until the user clicks on video 1 again and the process is repeated.

I remember doing this in Flashificator so figured it might be a possibility in Pano2VR.

Thanks for your help!

And to answer your question about why hotspots, I was just going down the line of functions in the editor as examples of what might need logic attached to it :-)
Creative expression is the Universe's only way of experiencing every configurative atomic possibility capable within a finite Universe.

Hopki
Gnome

Post by Hopki » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi,
Have you looked at 3D distorted hotspot?
You can then have a video element on a hotspot template the using the 3D distorted setting it will be pinned to the pano.
Then you have full control.
Regards,
Hopki

1uv3

Post by 1uv3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 am

Hi Hopki,

Checking out your suggestion now :-) Thanks for all your help! I'll report back with my findings.

1uv3

Post by 1uv3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:30 am

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the guidance Hopki! I sent you a private message in case you haven't thought to look.