A case where Alpha logic block Transition is failing

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
mbb

P2VR v.6b3 Win10

I have a text box that is a button tool tip. Visibility set to true, Alpha set to zero.

I have a global variable of "tooltip_vis" default to "false"

Now for that skin element tooltip (text box), I have it set with an alpha logic block, OnMouseOver, set alpha = 1 (default 0), with "Transition" set to 1 sec.

Result is that the Alpha changes to 1 and back to 0 properly, but without the Transition.

Note: I am also dynamically setting the text contents of the text box. All works as it should, just the Alpha Transition is not happening.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bradford,
skin element tooltip (text box), I have it set with an alpha logic block, OnMouseOver, set alpha = 1 (default 0), with "Transition" set to 1 sec.
If the text box is at Alpha 0 then the Alpha logic block can not work with a mouse over as Alpha 0 is not active.
Alpha 0.001 is active, but its so low a value its still looks invisible but now will detect a mouse over.

What is confusing is you have also said you have set a variable,
I have a global variable of "tooltip_vis" default to "false"
However have tested with mouse over button and toggles the variable to change the Alpha logic block and I see a transition.
May be post a simple project that shows the issue.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

I will PM you a project file so you can see what I mean. I think my description may be confusing on it's own.
mbb

If the text box is at Alpha 0 then the Alpha logic block can not work with a mouse over as Alpha 0 is not active.
Alpha 0.001 is active, but its so low a value its still looks invisible but now will detect a mouse over.
My mouse-over is not on the text block but rather another element whose action's change the true/false of a variable which indicates the visibility (via alpha) of the target text block. This will be seen as such in the example file I've sent you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bradford,
I have had a look and see the problem, its the text auto size thats braking the transition of the Alpha.
Deselect this and all works as should.
I will write up a bug report.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/