Pano2VR 2.1 beta released

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

ThomasK wrote:Thomas, could it be that there is a hardcoded Max Field of View (Zoom) of about 90° for the Panorama Viewing Parameters for the Flash9 export?
Trying to set view of about 115° has no effect on the flash output, there seems to be a certain limit in the program.
The limit is 125° for hFov & vFov because after that it gets really wavy and ugly so the real limit for the vFov depends on the aspect ratio. If you use a square window it is 125°, a little less otherwise.
MfG, Thomas
Aduffy

dp.math wrote:
hum@no.id wrote:
For Pano2VR priority continue development (In my humble opinion) - this modernizing HotSpot place and some transition FX (for HS)...

sorry

I think the same too.

The only weak point of Pano2Vr , IMHO, is the lack of an transition from a view to another.
Yes. I would add my voice to the request for better hotpot transitions from node to node. I personally don't like the multi html page option that we are stuck with now..

That said, this is a looking to be a killer tool, and its great to see active development happening!!
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just posted Pano2VR beta4.

Changes are:
  • many bug fixes for droplets
  • better performance with larger files (tested with a 100.000 x 50.000 image...)
  • bugfix for transformations on 16bit images on multi core processors
  • updated translations
MfG, Thomas
epoc

thomas wrote:
ThomasK wrote:Thomas, could it be that there is a hardcoded Max Field of View (Zoom) of about 90° for the Panorama Viewing Parameters for the Flash9 export?
Trying to set view of about 115° has no effect on the flash output, there seems to be a certain limit in the program.
The limit is 125° for hFov & vFov because after that it gets really wavy and ugly so the real limit for the vFov depends on the aspect ratio. If you use a square window it is 125°, a little less otherwise.
Hello Thomas,

Shouldn't this 125° limit be decided by the Tour producer and not you?? If it looks bad then it should be up to the producer to change. I have a Tour of a small room that I think would look Ok at around 100°to 110°. I would like to see if this looks OK but cannot because of the limit you set and not me.

I realize that you set this to avoid "really wavy and ugly" Tours, but I simply think it should be up to me, the Tour producer, as to what limits should be set.

Thank-you
Epoc
thomas
Chief Gnome

epoc wrote:Shouldn't this 125° limit be decided by the Tour producer and not you??
Sure, I agree. But I also made some more optimizations based on that assumption so the panorama would not render correctly (you get large holes etc.) above 125°. Otherwise there wouldn't be a need for that.
MfG, Thomas