Issue making floorplan "responsive"

Q&A about the latest versions
JPasnikowski

Issue making floorplan "responsive"

Post by JPasnikowski » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 am

I'm trying to have a floorplan that fills the screen 100% wide. However, using any pixel dimensions that don't perfectly match the ratio of the floor plan image, or using any percentages, results in a white space to the right or at the bottom, depending on the dimensions of the browser window. If only the background color could be set to transparent! I would cope with the fact that the resulting image wouldn't truly fit to 100%!

Here's an example... the floor plan is at the bottom left. Hover over it and it fills the screen... but also with white space:
http://eyebulb.tours/list/portraitsofperseverance/

christoph
Gnome

Re: Issue making floorplan "responsive"

Post by christoph » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi!
You are right, there is no solution for your problem right now, but we will try and fix it.
This will be coming in one of the next beta releases...

Regards,
Christoph

JPasnikowski

Post by JPasnikowski » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Thank you for the response!
Question: I tried to change the background color using the CSS Styles box on the Map, but it didn't have any effect.. to what does the CSS Styles apply?

mbb

Post by mbb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:11 pm

You can achieve what you want if you address it directly via CSS, make the overriding change to the element's background property as shown in an external CSS file.

Below is a screen shot where I have set background alpha to "0" for the floor plan element (note the "rgba")-
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (162.21 KiB) Viewed 74 times

christoph
Gnome

Post by christoph » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:06 am

Hi!
Fyi: with V6 beta 2, you can now set an alpha value for the background color of a floorplan (so you can make the white space in your example transparent)
In the next release we will add more features to the 'simple floorplan', which will help with responsive floorplans...

Regards,
Christoph