Trigger show/hide skin element from hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
sigurd.eliassen

Let's say you have a tour with two images. When displaying one of them, you want a button/image or some other element from the skin to be visible. When displaying the other one, you want the element to be hidden. Is this possible? I know it's easy to do with a button (constantly appearing) on the skin, but I need to trigger the same action with/from a hotspot. I'm making a matrix of buttons, so I can't make them as hotspots, they need to be in the skin so they line up nicely without any distortion. Any ideas? :)
Attachments
This matrix should be visible on some images, but not all.
This matrix should be visible on some images, but not all.
Matrix.jpg (33.99 KiB) Viewed 5029 times
CBosch

Do you mean panorama with image? If so, you can use tags for the panorama and define in the node marker the tag and in the action if active -> display $self
Have a nice day

Christian
sigurd.eliassen

Hi Christian,

yes, I meant Panorama. Sorry about that :D I think you are on the right track here, but I can't fill in the missing parts. Would you like to add some more info on this solution?
CBosch

Yes - are you using v5?

If yes, than:

in the panorama-editor is in the user-data the last item TAG. Type in a unique tag (for example: point1) for each panorama you want to "adress" in the skin.

in the skin-editor you make a marker (for example: point1Marker) for each "circle" and use in the node-marking (3rd main field right) under TAG your specific tag (point1). Under action you add: activate / change visibility / point1Marker and add a second line: deactivate / change visibility / point1Marker. Make sure that the visibility is not marked.

This will result that only the circle corresponding to your actual panorama is visible. You can use instead of change visibility other actions too.
Have a nice day

Christian
sigurd.eliassen

Thanks again. I am using V5 now :D

I've pretty much been able to accomplish what you described, but it's not quite what I was aiming for. Let's say my tour consists of 12 panoramas. 9 of these are included in the 3 x 3 matrix, so I want the whole matrix to be visible whenever anyone of the 9 panoramas in the matrix is selected, and the matrix to be totally invisible whenever any of the 3 panoramas outside the matrix is selected. Is there a way to address multiple panoramas and/or markers at once?

Also, what's the link between the TAG in the user data and the skin? After all, you adress the title, not the tag. Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks again.
CBosch

This is perfect for your work. 8)

1. Give each pano two tags, one group name (Matrix) and one unique (Pano1... Pano12).

2. You have a image with a red dot and a image with a blue dot. Now in the skin you lay a red dot on the blue dot. Both you set to not visible. In the logic visibility for the red dot you define: tag = Matrix and tag = Pano1 output false (red dot is visible!). In the logic for the blue dot you define: tag = Matrix and tag is not Pano1 output false (now the blue dot is visible as long as there is a pano of the Matrix-members is loaded but not the Pano1).

This both images you copy 8 times and arrange them in the 3x3 look. In the second pair you change Pano1 to Pano2 and so on. At the end the three panos without Matrix will hide all and the other shows all 9 dots and the dot for the active pano is red.
Have a nice day

Christian
CBosch

I made quick a example:

overview:
Bildschirmfoto-1.jpg
Bildschirmfoto-1.jpg (168.23 KiB) Viewed 4974 times
and the settings of the visibility depending on the tags of the active pano
Bildschirmfoto-2.jpg
Bildschirmfoto-2.jpg (213.46 KiB) Viewed 4974 times
Bildschirmfoto-3.jpg
Bildschirmfoto-3.jpg (220.7 KiB) Viewed 4974 times
Attachments
red-dot Kopie.txt
rename in red-dot.svg to use!
(598 Bytes) Downloaded 186 times
3x3 dot-matrix.ggsk
(9.23 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Have a nice day

Christian
CBosch

and the last file :-)
Attachments
grey-dot Kopie.txt
rename in grey-dot.svg to use!
(598 Bytes) Downloaded 231 times
Have a nice day

Christian
sigurd.eliassen

Thank you Christian, you made my day! I wasn't aware of the new logic block. This is great!

I chose a slightly different approach to my matrix. I used node markers instead of images, that way I can define active/inactive elements easier. I also used the logic block on the matrix container to address the visibility.

The general idea is still the same, but after all, I don't need to address the visibility of each matrix dot individually, at least not in this case.

From previous programming experience, I didn't think the second logic block should be the necessary with the "visible" check box unchecked, but it was to make the matrix disappear when not displaying the matrix panoramas. Not a big problem, just an observation. It might also be a small bug, but easy to work around.

I'm really excited about the V5, there seems to be a lot of good stuff in here.

Sie sind Deutsch! Vielen dank!
Attachments
Logic Block2.jpg
Logic Block2.jpg (135.42 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
Logic Block.jpg
Logic Block.jpg (77.6 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Iv added a pinned post to the top of the Pano2VR forum showing new features and quick how to's for Pano2VR 5.
As new videos get made they will get added.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/