Output resolution

Q&A about the latest versions
frodo

Hi!
Is there a way to change the output resolution in Pano2VR ?
I want to generate a printable rectangular image of a panorama using the transformation option, but I was told I need a bigger resolution, as the resulting one of 72 pixels/inch is to low.
I know I can get a higher resolution in PS, but that will reduce the size of the final image.

Regards, Martin
mhc1

I did my transforms in PS - so I have all under control.
Pano2VR/PanoQTVR only do the final conversion to MOV and FLASH.

Flaming Pear Plugin is nice to work with.
frodo

Hi, Mike!

Thanks, but how do you transform a cylindrical panorama to an rectangular image in PS. Therefore I use the transformation option in Pano2VR, changing the image size and view to get a rectangular image. I know that then I can change the resolution in PS, but I thought that maybe there is an option to change it before creating the image in Pano2VR.
Following my workflow the output resolution of the panorama in PtGui is 300 pixels/inch but once processed in Pano2VR it is reduced to 72 pixels/inch. That means that Pano2VR reduces the resolution by default. Right?
My intention is to get stills from previously created panoramas.

Regards, Martin
mhc1

Did you see the Flexifly Plugins ?

I don´t have all of them - just a small part.
They provide a lot of transformations, may be your desired one is within some of their programs.
thomas
Chief Gnome

The dpi field is just an information and has no influence on the image itself. The only thing that matters is the amount of pixels. If your print is 10 inch wide and you want 300dpi then you need 3000 pixel, no matter what the dpi field in the images says.
MfG, Thomas