Create CD/DVD for client

Q&A about the latest versions
zap

Hi folks

Publishing the final swf's or mov's onto a client CD is one thing.

But being able to launch the file
a) automatically like an autorun, is this possible ?

b) using swf/mov player I can add on CD and which doesn't need install does that exist?

c) using a swf viewer one can integrate on CD for final viewing (even if it means installing), which one would you choose.

Thanks for your support.
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
360Texas

Hmmm had to do this for a client. Granted this is a very simple html webpage mini-site. The process would be the same for a more complex project.

A few were done with Easypano Tourweaver some of the red dots. All the rest 'Elevated page' Dining and Banquet' are done with pano2vr.

I just copied and burned this mini site to a CD-R. I used a simple "autoplay" files to call the index.htm. Inserted the CD into the player and it autobooted.

THEN he wrote - client uses an Apple Mac. CD-R did not work for her.

We finally used a USB Flash thumb drive. 2gb flavor Flash drives are cheap enough and are a good work around for MAC users compared to the NON interoperabilties of CD-r's or DVD's.

Besides.. it gives our client a useful device after she has moved the mini - site to her hard drive.

http://360texas.com/services/rp/index.htm
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Sebastian

zap wrote:Hi folks

Publishing the final swf's or mov's onto a client CD is one thing.

But being able to launch the file
a) automatically like an autorun, is this possible ?

b) using swf/mov player I can add on CD and which doesn't need install does that exist?

c) using a swf viewer one can integrate on CD for final viewing (even if it means installing), which one would you choose.

Thanks for your support.
a, b and c, all easily doable...

If you have Adobe Flash authoring program, you are able to convert your SWF to EXE (for windows) and APP (for mac) Standalone Projector files.
Basically while creating projector, flash will wrap the player around the SWF, making it self sufficient format. User does not require player to be
able to run you files. All my Pano CD's are made as such.

Now, if you don't have FLASH program or don't want to buy one, you can just download the demo version, get the standalone projector out of
it and remove Flash from your drive. The standalone player will never expire like the Demo FLash and you can keep it while you remove rest of
the applications. It's 4MB in size (latest version for CS4) and allow you to view
your files on desktop or create projectors w/o browser environment. It was never publicly available as it comes exclusively with the authoring program
but you can get it easily once you install Flash. Or even from a friend who has flash, he/she could just forward you that file. If you need one now, do say, I can zip it and upload to my server and message you the URL. Either way, easy to get one :)

It's call FlashPlayer.exe and can be found normally in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\Players directory. You just open it up,
file - open - browse for panorama.
Then once pano is open ,
file - create projector.

That simple. If you have Pano made of many other loaded panos, not a problem. The exe base can still load them.

Once EXE, you can easily create auto run file and publish on CD. Ta Daaa!
That simple ......

regards

Sebastian
Sebastian

Forgot to say, you could download the player from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
These are mostly updates and bug fixed versions etc... tho still working and functional.
Just look for standalone projectors, or get one here directly: http://tinyurl.com/cgfnrv
It's from my CS4, version 10.0 r2
Fernando Costa Pinto

Hi Sebastian ,

We tried to convert to exe ..and it worked , we can see the pano . Yet the hotspots did NOT work but we can see them . The MAP appeared ...but the links on it did not work either. How could we solve this ?

Thanks
Fernando
Fernando Costa Pinto
fcp.fernando@gmail.com
Sebastian

Dear Fernando

I got your private message, will reply in a second. Need to finish something first :) give me a while...

regards
jsar

I am also working on a multimedia CD and I have converted the swf file to a projector file using the Flash player. Everything looks great but the hotspots do not work. Is there a solution to this problem? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
PMtv2000

Have you put the projector file in the same folder as the .swf files created by Pano2VR ?
By creating a projector from one .swf it doesn't automatically embed the rest of your panos.
Simply Intelligent Media
hum@no.id

CD - business card

Corporate profile / Catalogue / VR Panoramas / Engine created with Pano2VR

Content:

1. Intro - FLV (video clip)
2. 3D virtual interface (like VR pano)
3. 3 VR panoramas
4. "Flip-book" flash catalogue
5. Some profile info
6. Bg. music

* Iface lang. - russian / only PC - Windows

Final edition - http://www.mmgfx.com/files/empire2009.exe ~30mb

workflow are closed
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj