Toolbar Problem

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Peter Stephens

Hi,

I've a problem with the toolbar on this pano - http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/friarycourt.php You have to click on the floorplan twice to make it pop up, any ideas ? Also each time you click on another image the infobox loads in the middle and closes after it loads. I've set it up to load the first time you open the set of images which you then click on the x to close, I can't work out why it's loading again.

Cheers,

Pete
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Peter
About the information box, it looks as if you have not set your scaling, check to see if it is at X:1.00 Y:1.00, it should be at X:0.00 Y:0.00 so when the tour opens the information box is already scaled down in size.

As for having to click twice on boxes, it looks as if you are using the toggle action; if you are going to use it make sure that both the button to open it and the button to close it has the same toggle action. If you don’t, you get an out of synchronisation situation happening, which gives the same results that you have.

The other way would be to use a “Change Element Scale” X:1.00 Y:1.00 action in all the buttons that open items and a “Change Element Scale” X:0.00 Y:0.00 action to close them.

Of course with out seeing your skin file, ggsk I can not say for sure.

A very nice tour, with some nice graphics.

Regards

Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Peter Stephens

Thank you for your help, I will have a play around with it again soon. I'll let you know how I get on.

Best Wishes,
Peter Stephens

Ok I've had a play around with it. I think I've sorted the info button problem. I wanted the info screen to show from the start, so I've added another one. The first one is set to open from the start and once you click on the x it is gone for good. The i button when pressed will open a identical info screen which is set to 0.00 x 0.00 scalling from the start. I think this has sorted it, but might have to restart to see if the info screen is still popping up for each pano while the load.

The floorplan toolbar problem I can't work out. There is the floor plan graphics and the floor plan button. The floor plan button is above the graphics layer and basicaly just togles the graphics container open and closed. I've attached the skin file.

Thank you for your comment on my work too, cheers....

Pete
Attachments
Friary Court No 11.ggsk
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 461 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Just had a quick play
See how you get on with it.
Hopki
Attachments
Friary Court No 11.ggsk
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 339 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Peter Stephens

Thats its !!! Thank you :D What did I do wrong? I did have a look but it wasn't totaly clear to me.

Cheers,

Pete
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Pete

First I got rid of the second Info box; you did not need it, and in doing so made the file size a tad smaller too. :)

You have fallen into the same trap that many others do, using the Toggle action, so you will see all of them have been removed. :D

Don’t know if you noticed but I also added an action that “closes the other window” :wink:

If the information box is open and you clicked on the map, the map opens and the information box closes. It works the other way around too. :roll:

All the cross/close buttons have a change element scale to 0/0 and all the buttons that open a window have a change element scale 1/1.

That’s it; just needed a little push in the right direction.

All the best
Hopki :D
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Pete

Due to the inner parts of your buttons being transparent, when you rotate the panoramas the buttons look as if they are wobbling around.
Could do with a load bar too.

As a thought, but still cool as is :D

Cheers
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Peter Stephens

ah... I think I understand you. I will go through it all again soon and follow what you have done. I'm trying to ad stuff to my new website at the moment, and my head is starting to spin :?

Loading bar... yes, that is on my list of things to learn. I didn't want to put the standard ones on, was going to make my own.

Cheers,

Pete