JS file and Internet Explorer 7 browser

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
360Texas

I talked with a friend of mine in Florida yesterday. Aparantly he inadvertaintly downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 7. He said IE7 would not view panoramas using the .js file. This information is coming from number of his clients.

IE 6 and .js works. No double click and viewable

IE 7 and .js does not work. You do not see the a white screen, you do not see anything.

IE7 fix - I think - manually enable Active X in the browser Tools | Advance | scroll down and find entry to enable Active X, had he said to also enable Autoload and View CD's boxes.

To add to this issue - MS new Vista will be launched in 3 or 4 days - 29January07. Today I got an email advertisment from CompUSA to take my notebooks and desktops into their tech center for prerelease installation of Vista.

Combining pre-release activity, new computer Vista operating systems, and UPGrading XP to Vista... will bring a significant shift in Browser usage rates. Probably an increase shift to using IE 7 over IE 6.

PLEASE - Comments about continued use of the .js file and how to SIMPLY deal with getting IE7 Active X enabled.

ANY IDEAS?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

I have tested the Flash panoramas 2 month ago with a Vista beta and they work fine. One problem may be that IE7 is shipped with Flash 6(sic!) so you have to manually update to Flash 8 or 9. Then they run fine. This has nothing to do with the js/javascript files.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Ok.. and inside the JS file there is a command to test for Flash Version and automatic go to Adobe Flash page to update to Version9 ?

Dave
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Not now, but I will add it with the next version. Meanwhiles you can use the Adobe Flash version detection kit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplay ... ction_kit/
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Thank you.

/s/
Dave
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
zxcvbnm

thomas wrote:Not now, but I will add it with the next version. Meanwhiles you can use the Adobe Flash version detection kit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplay ... ction_kit/
Pushy question but have you now integrated an autoupdate system now the next version is out?

The main thing that tempts me to immervision or flashpanoramas is the way if you don't have flash 9 you just have to click an update button and it loads flash 9 and then reloads the page automatically. In my opinion this easy update to flash 9 trumps your flash 8 support. But if you had flash 8 with an autoupdate system you'd win. But just having a text link that requires the viewer to go and install flash themselves is not nice.

Heres hoping
thomas
Chief Gnome

I have tried to integrate the upgrade system directly into the pano but this fails for Flash versions before Flash 6.0.65 and its not very reliable if the user has limited rights on the machine. Really the best way is to use the Adobe flash detection kit with javascript. With some lines of javascript code you are able to create the same system as with Pureplayer. I have not integrated the system yet because I didn't dig into the license terms for redistribution but I still plan to add it if it is possible.
MfG, Thomas