Automating creation of project files

Q&A about the latest versions
digimg02

Replying to another post reminded me of a question I have been wondering about. There was a post a while back discussing generating xml files and running them through Object2VR without the GUI. If you open up the project file with a text editor you'll see that it simply points to the image files and records the settings you've set for that project. Theoretically you could generate text or xml files mimicking that format, change the extension and then run it through Object2VR.

My questions are:
How do you do this?
How would you do it on a mac?

If you can answer any part of this process let me know! That is, automating project files, running Object2VR with command lines etc. or with any OS.

My vision for a automated workflow would be to have all my images have the same pixel height and width and organized in folders according to object, create a skin accordingly, pick my flash settings and then just run them through Object2VR via some kind of command line or script.
digimg02

Here's what I mentioned
thomas wrote:You can run Object2VR in command line mode. Just call it with

Code: Select all

object2vr.exe -x project.o2vr
The result is the same as loading the project and pressing "export all". At the moment there is no documentation of the o2vr file format (it is just an XML file...) but it should be easy to figure out the parameters if you play with the GUI and look what the resulting XML looks like.
PhotoSpherix

That got me thinking about Automator on OSX. I think I might play with a good drag and drop option that creates an xml doc out the back to feed into object2vr.

Thanks, I think this is the first time I have ever actually saved a project out of object2vr
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography