Folder Names

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Thomas, when you get back on your feet, I found something strange.

Just came back from a multi room shot, so made folders for each room, named the Rooms, Room One #1 then Room One #2 as I took more than one pano of each room.

Inside the folders is the project file, and V strip.

Interestingly the Pano2VR project file would not open the Flash player even though, "Open after creation" box was ticked. The "open output file" button did not work either. The only way to view the pano was to double click on the flash file in the folder; Pano2VR could not open the panos it at all.

Removing the # from the folder name corrected the situation?

It’s not a problem, well its not now I found what was causing it, but just wondering why.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
stalwart

exactly the same thing happens with me - I'm consistent on naming files, eg 001-room-1, and neither 'open after creation' nor 'open output file' buttons work.

I thought perhaps a bug (version 2.2.2 revision 1054/4.4.2) until learning John Houghtons' PTGui 'viewpoint correction' tutorial, and had his extracted files within a temporary folder on the desktop, and that works fine......

Stuart
stalwart

well, I only differ from Hopki in that i don't use '#' in my file / folder names, nor do I have spaces...........
thomas
Chief Gnome

Some characters in folder names are not a good idea like the "#" because it is interpreted by the browser as an anchor within a page so the URL splits to "Room One " with the anchor "2/pano.swf" and this can not work. I will look into this to avoid such problems by escaping those characters but for the moment please try to avoid special characters in folder/file names.
MfG, Thomas