Opening P/T/F of linked swf panos

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
FredBloggs

I am trying to create a VT of linked swf panos on a route along one side of a river. I wanted it so that when I walk one way the panos open with the river on my right, when going back the panos open with the river on the left. I am using hotspots and 'Open next Pano' with appropriate P/T/F settings.

When I test a pair at a time, i.e. I start with swf A and move to swf B there is no problem. When I start with swf B and go to swf C there is no problem, and so on. It is the same on the return journey. My problem is that when I start with swf A, then go to swf B, then go to swf C then to swf D the P/T/F settings don't work.

I guess that the P/T/F settings for the start swf are retained throughout, therefore are incorrect for subsequent links.

Can anyone clarify my situation and suggest a solution.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
I have only used Point Hotspots for this which works very well as the name suggests, you point the next pano. In each point hotspot you set Pan Tilt Fov for the next view.
Area hotspots do not work in the same way.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
FredBloggs

I did what you said. Each pano has two point hotspots which refer to arrow buttons, which then, on 'Mouse Click' goes to 'next panorama', and I have the p/t/f setting set for the on-going pano. When tested in pairs they work perfectly. It is when I have a string of linked swf they go wrong.
Hopki
Gnome

That’s odd :?

I have made multi node tours without this problem.
Would it be possible for you to post your project file, P2vr file to look at.
Kind regards :)
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
FredBloggs

With the help of Hopki I have solved this problem.

I had not fully set-up the point hotspots. I did not know what "Target" in the Point Hotspot fields meant so I left it blank and tried to set up the Pan/Tilt/FoV of the next pano on the arrow button in the skin. I now realise that this field is for the P/T/F to set the position of the pano to which you are moving. The data in this Target field can be transferred to the skin using $ht.

Now it's working qite well and the whole VT flows much better than without this alignment.

Thanks Hopki :-)