Fullscreen right from the start

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Pat Swovelin

I want a pano to open fullscreen as soon as it's loaded, so I created a test controller and added an image setting its action to:
  • Source Mouse click
    Action Toggle Full Screen
Then I added a 2nd image and set its action to:
  • Source Loaded
    Action Trigger Click
    Target Image 1
As I'm sure you see by the above it didn't work (or I wouldn't be asking here, duh!). Then I tried setting Image 2 to Init and every other possible setting. No change.

I also tried adding a 3rd image and setting it to:
  • Source Loaded
    Action Trigger Click
    Target Image 3

Source Mouse click
    Action Toggle Full Screen
That doesn't work but it does give me an error message about Fullscreen not being allowed. That error message isn't repeatable, it's random.
  • SecurityError: Error #2152: Full screen mode is not allowed.
    at flash.display::Stage/set displayState()
    at SkinActionClass/toggleFullscreen()
    at SkinObjectClass/doClick()
    at SkinActionClass/triggerClick()
    at SkinObjectClass/doEnterFrame()
    at SkinClass/doEnterFrame()
To test that I'm really passing the mouse click I changed fullscreen to rotate and it does rotate. That implies that fullscreen can't be done initially like I'm doing it or I'm doing it wrong (I suspect the latter although based on the error message I may have found a bug).
smooth

As far as I know you cannot launch initial fullscreen.

If you are doing this for display via a browser and the Internet I say this is a good thing. Fullscreen should not be force on the unsuspecting viewer it should be a choice for them to select.

You might say this is my own personal opinion and that's fair enough! But, I'm pretty sure most will agree.

I find it very rude to browse to a page on a website only and have the thing take over my screen without my instruction. This straight away leaves a negative feeling about the website.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Pat Swovelin

I understand that it's rude, as rude as resizing someone's browser vs. using a pop-up window, and I wouldn't use it (unless it was a kiosk or something like that).

My question was based on a site someone showed me that starts with a FPP page of thumbnails that open fullscreen panos. I figure if FPP can do it so can we, so I tried to figure it out for myself and here we are.
smooth

If it's Kiosk mode you require then the post by Andy should help you out.

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

Pat Swovelin wrote:I understand that it's rude, as rude as resizing someone's browser vs. using a pop-up window, and I wouldn't use it (unless it was a kiosk or something like that).
Well, a new window vs a pop-up. Different things in my eyes and also "pop-up" blockers.
Pat Swovelin wrote:My question was based on a site someone showed me that starts with a FPP page of thumbnails that open fullscreen panos. I figure if FPP can do it so can we, so I tried to figure it out for myself and here we are.

So long as you start from a regular page with frame set then I don't see any issue. Simply make a panorama with a stagnant/static background with thumbnails linking to other fullscreen panoramas.

I.E: Click to launch thumbnail panorama to fullscreen. Click thumbnail of choice to view "next panorama" that the thumbnail is linked too. It will remain in fullscreen mode.

You just can't start in fullscreen mode by just typing in a URL. It must be selected from a normal HTML page to get it going.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Pat Swovelin

Pop-up blockers are for unrequested pop-ups. They may block my work but I've never had anyone mention it on any of my sites in at least the past 7 or 8 years of using pop-ups.
So long as you start from a regular page with frame set then I don't see any issue. Simply make a panorama with a stagnant/static background with thumbnails linking to other fullscreen panoramas.
I don't, and won't, use frames. Nevertheless you're saying the trick is to have an embedded pano in a page that has links to fullscreen panos? I thought you could only open a pano fullsceen from a pano that's already fullscreen. If that's the case how do you embed a pano that's running in fullscreen mode in a page?
smooth

Frame Set can be one or more within the window but whatever....

I simply mean a framed window (not fullscreen).

You have a HTML page with a link to your tour. It will open the static Thumbnail panorama scene from there you MUST either select fullscreen and from that point on you can link the thumbnails to other panorama scenes and it will remain in fullscreen mode. Or you can add multiple actions to the one thumbnail including On Mouse Click next panorama, fullscreen etc. (at least from this point you are already within the panorama. Err, well sort of!)

Anyway this would take you from thumbnail (pano) to fullscreen pano of the viewers selection with one click.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Pat Swovelin

I simply mean a framed window (not fullscreen).
Thanks for the clarification.
You have a HTML page with a link to your tour. It will open the static Thumbnail panorama scene from there you MUST either select fullscreen and from that point on you can link the thumbnails to other panorama scenes and it will remain in fullscreen mode. Or you can add multiple actions to the one thumbnail including On Mouse Click next panorama, fullscreen etc. (at least from this point you are already within the panorama. Err, well sort of!)

Anyway this would take you from thumbnail (pano) to fullscreen pano of the viewers selection with one click.
That seems straightforward enough. [he said foolishly] I'll see if I can muddle through it without causing the house to explode.