Batch

Q&A about the latest versions
bilums13

Hi
My client requires a fast past workflow to photograph objects for an online shop. We need to photograph about 300 object2VR's per day and the amount of images per object might change a little, but generally between 250 and 350 images.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to create a droplet or something which will solve my current dilema.

Cheers Tom
PhotoSpherix

Everything is possible given enough time and money!

How much post edit in Photoshop?

Are you thinking multi-row at 240 to 300 shots per object?
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
bilums13

Cheers
I don't want to use Photoshop at all in the post processing. With good planning it shouldnt need to be used.

I'm thinking single row at between 200 and 250 images per object.

Do you have a solutiuon?
zap

Hi
You are the second one I read creates a few hundreds photos per composition.
Do you have an example of this.

Image you take 36 images / row with 15° tilt up and down = This makes a total of 396 images. (5 lines up + 5 lines down) = 396 images in total.
You already produced such a huge image? You can post an example so we can appreciate and see loadinf time.

For your question
I think there exists a non GUI interface wich centainly can run command line based and batch process multiple panoramas.
See here : http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... =14&t=1465

But honestly I think your timeframe a little overrated.
300 objects/day at +/- 396 images = 118800 shots per day = 1.37 camera shots per second during 24 hours.

Cheers
Last edited by zap on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
bilums13

Your Math is good but I do not understand why I need to take 396 images per rotation.

All I need is 200 (or maybe less) to make the object appear as if it spins around (horrizonally, not vertically).

I appriceate your assistence but I feel we have become sidetracked.

All I need to find out is whether their is some means to automate the rendering process between images to flash file with as little input from myself after the nessisary template, script or droplet was made..
zap

Hi

Sorry I made a little error in the calculation. (shouldn't post late at night.) It's 1.37 shots during 24hours

You need +/- 36 shots for horizontal presentation (each 10 degrees) Perhaps 72 if you increment in 5° steps.
Don't know how you calculate 200

I think the link I sended you makes it clear that you need to create a batch file for yourself. (Yeah those old those commands :P )
Create a batch command file with all your fils in it. For the exact command code line I suppose some other members could certainly help you.
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
visual360media

Zap lost the plot a little and got confused, but he is right now.
200 images for 1 object movie is a lot isnt it? Too many in my opinion.

Not sure if there is a droplet for object2vr yet. Search this site and see.

If all the iamges do not need much processing you can easily resize ect
with batch or action in your software.

Cheers, John G
Kind regards,

John Goulding
PhotoSpherix

Thomas has a droplet for the pano side, I assume that he will make the same option available once he gets object2vr out of beta. For right now, I have a player that I made that does what you are looking for. It takes a set of 20 shots from a folder and loads them into a 360 image. I did it the easy way. I had it look in a folder for files that are named the same as the play. so bed.swf looks for bed_1.jpg, bed_2.jpg ect.

We then made a small server side script that took twenty images, processed them into 600x 600 images and adjusted the highlights and shadows, saving them into groups of twenty. It was a simple action. On a mac, the functionality is available from the desktop. If you want it done on a pc, I am out of practice. I do know years ago we had programs that used a drop folder to do this same type of function.

The number of images is from the original post. up to 300 objects with 250 - 300 images each.

You don't need that kind of images to make the object rotate.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
bilums13

Ok
Maybe your right, about the quantity of shots that is, 250 is a little generous.

Say, I do this in 50 shots. Now I have 50 shots for about 300 objects, this is still alot but if I manage this right it will work.

From what I'm getting so far, this batch process is achievable. There is not a droplet action available for this but I really wish their was.
I have to be honest and say that I don't have any knowledge in creating a script which will automate this process, if anyone knows where I can get one, or wants to share theirs with me, then I will never forget you. :wink:
digimg02

I have the same question, except for a mac. Of course, I won't complain if anyone can volunteer the Window's solution :) Photoshop can easily get the photos to uniform size etc. for me, but how would you automate the creation of a large amount of movies (several hundred) with the same settings. I'm assuming some kind of scripting is involved, but I have no experience with scripting or programming, besides some minor fumbling in command lines.