Flash issues

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
360Texas

In this thread

http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/v ... .php?t=174

I found issues:

When paning around I sometimes see the cube face edges blink on/off.. they are small white trace lines. I have seen edge traces before with some other software so I think these thin white lines are cube face joins. I do not observe these edge lines when viewing the panoramas at full screen.

IE 6 with original Virtual Machine my browser hangs after viewing panoramas. I am using standard 'HELPERS' and the IE 6 EOLAS p2q_embed_object.js as created with Pano2qtvr Version 1.5.0Beta9.

We should learn if we got the contract by 9 January. Client must obtain funding approval before award.

Constructive feedback comments here in the forum are most welcome. This is a work in progress and not a final design. We are focusing on FLASH only panoramas.

http://www.360texas.com/virtualtour/tex ... change.htm
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

flashing cube face white line.. issue - NOW FIXED !!
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
MLaBoyteaux

So what did it turn out to be?

I like the quality of the QuickTime files better, they pan smoother, but I do a lot of work in Flash and it gives me more options for interactivity.

I did a pano in the avionics compartment of a Boeing 767 yesterday.

http://www.hawkeyemedia.com/pano_test
360Texas

Hey Mark, turns out your my next door neighbor. We saw your work in our last Pullium Pool Magazine. Ill give you a call here in few minutes.

Dave
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
jaaaab

mark, your fullscreen window doesn't work well with firefox.

nice quality , what parameters did you use in pano2qtvr?
MLaBoyteaux

Ooops, I didn't test it in FF, guess I've got a little de-bugging to do.

I've been trying to figure out what the best workflow for resolution and file size is. My original tiff is 10000X5000 and I used Hugin to stitch it with the spline 64 interpolator.

After tweaking the tiff in Photoshop for some sharpening and LAB color tweaking, I used Pano2QTVR to create 1800X1800 cube faces using the Lanczos3 interpolator (this took a little while). I used these cube faces to experiment with and settled on using 65 for the jpg compression.

My goal is to create an 800 pixel wide viewer with good quality under 3MB.
I think I'm getting close. I think the 10000X5000 source tiff is overkill. I'm going to try using a 5000X2500 source and see how it impacts the final version. I'm using a Zenitar 16mm fisheye lens on a Rebel XT at the moment. The lens is kinda soft and not the best quality. I'm going to pick up a Sigma 8mm lens whenever they become available again.

It was great talkin' to ya Dave!