Show your VR rig /studio

Q&A about the latest versions
tackletour

New to Object VR. Would like to see some of your Object VR rigs, studio, and lighting.
88778yugh

Please consider the PAMCO VR1001 "Object Vr Turntable" at http://www.vrturntable.com. It is capable of shooting 36 shots in 27 seconds using a Canon 20D.
visual360media

Hi. That looks good but it would be better supplied with the black and white turntable discs in the price.
I also couldnt find on your site sizes of the whole unit, or sizes of the discs or foam discs. There is no mention
of materials it is made of, I assume plastic. The object
movie you have as a demo shows a blank page for me in firefox, and the video you mention on the site
is nowhere to be found. Get these things sorted and maybe re post and I am sure you will have more interest.
cheers, John G.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

The site displayed fine for me and so did the object movie.

The price is very high and I "assume" this is in US Dollars? You don't make mention of the currency nor the freight charges.
For the price I would want a hell of a lot more included. Would seem to me "core-flute" plastic disc's are pretty cheap and should be included in multiple colours and sizes.

You also might want to create a better quality object movie to promote the product.

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

I see the object movie now yes, not brilliant, and not really good enough to promote the product.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
88778yugh

John Goulding wrote:Hi. That looks good but it would be better supplied with the black and white turntable discs in the price.
I also couldnt find on your site sizes of the whole unit, or sizes of the discs or foam discs. There is no mention
of materials it is made of, I assume plastic. The object
movie you have as a demo shows a blank page for me in firefox, and the video you mention on the site
is nowhere to be found. Get these things sorted and maybe re post and I am sure you will have more interest.
cheers, John G.
Mr. Goulding, I'm glad to read that both the MOV and the Flash finally worked out for you. I will check out "firefox" I assume it is a browser. Bear in mind this turntable is perhaps simple looking but uses a high quality industrial strength stepper motor and controller. These components and the software together provide a high-speed solution to professional commercial product photographers who have many VR images to create. So, speed is what our product gives, a 360 degree 36 shot sequence in 27 seconds makes us 8x faster then the competition. What you may loose in intial cost, you more then make up for in time saved on a client’s job. Sincerely, Mark McLean, PAMCO_motion control. PS, John if you send an email from our site www.vrturntable.com, I will send you the manul in PDF, it will answer the dimensions ect..
88778yugh

smooth wrote:The site displayed fine for me and so did the object movie.

The price is very high and I "assume" this is in US Dollars? You don't make mention of the currency nor the freight charges.
For the price I would want a hell of a lot more included. Would seem to me "core-flute" plastic disc's are pretty cheap and should be included in multiple colours and sizes.

You also might want to create a better quality object movie to promote the product.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Smooth, yes 675 USA bucks. High price? Maybe if you’re not a pro product photog. Professional commercial photographers appreciate the speed of our product. a 360 degree 36 shot session 27 seconds. That’s 8 times faster then the competition. Please email us at our site www.vrturntable.com and I will be happy to send more detailed info. Other then the "core-flute" disks in other colors, like I guess chroma green, blue & red , what else would you like. Please feel free to send us a detailed "wish list", as other commercial photographs have done at our web site www.vrturntable.com, thanks, Mark McLean, Sales Manager.
smooth

88778yugh wrote: Smooth, yes 675 USA bucks. High price? Maybe if you’re not a pro product photog. Professional commercial photographers appreciate the speed of our product. a 360 degree 36 shot session 27 seconds. That’s 8 times faster then the competition. Please email us at our site http://www.vrturntable.com and I will be happy to send more detailed info. Other then the "core-flute" disks in other colors, like I guess chroma green, blue & red , what else would you like. Please feel free to send us a detailed "wish list", as other commercial photographs have done at our web site http://www.vrturntable.com, thanks, Mark McLean, Sales Manager.
Hello Mark,

I was simply drawing your attention to what is perceived value and for the sake of a couple of pieces of plastic board I think you should include them. Also if you are going to build a website for sales of the product you need more professional examples (or at least one). What you have shown with a branded advertisement for Easypano doesn't portray that message and the quality of the object movie is poor. There is no point having a "fast" option if the final quality it offers is poor. Speed, is not everything! Ask any women.

Seeing as you a promoting on the Gardengnome website you could at least buy the software and produce some professional examples.

If you are going to sell worldwide it should be obvious you have the price listed in country currency. Don't assume people expect US Dollars the world is far larger than the USA.
Your product looks like it could be a good thing. But! You have given even away that you are only new to this with poor example and an underdone website. (Loose the hit counter - it's a dead giveaway)
If I have this perception and I'm one of your target audience who is likely to consider purchasing. That should tell you a lot about what you need to correct.

One last thing Re: your reply to John - it's "etc" not ect (I see this all to often). Etc is an abbreviation for the Latin word Et Cetera.
Thus ends your education for the day. :mrgreen:

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

Did anyone on here get the .pdf? I did and the product looks pretty good.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
bemol73

You can also check Ortery: http://www.ortery.com/index/index.php
(FYI I use one of their products)
Thomas Demolliens
http://www.immersium.fr/blog
Nikon 300D + Nikor 10.5mm + 360Precision Absolute
smooth

bemol73 wrote:You can also check Ortery: http://www.ortery.com/index/index.php
(FYI I use one of their products)
Looks very nice! What product do you use? How much are they?

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

They do look good, but my guess is, expensive !
Kind regards,

John Goulding
tinasmith

Kaiden has a manual Pixi turntable for about $100. Works with Still image capture. Economical way to get started. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to come in white though.

I'm still looking around myself.
smooth

Kaiden are a rip off in my opinion in both product price and service.

You can get better for less with a little shopping around. I see them on ebay new and I purchased one from www.anything3D.com years ago, the software was pretty ordinary but the turntable is fine $59.95 (be warned if interantional shipping is required as they "attempted" to rip me on this) local should be fine.
Colour is irrelevant as you slip covers of perspex/plexi over them.

Regards, Smooth 8)