sliders for x and y interaction

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
erik leeman

Hi Thomas,

I know there has been some confusion about the Visibility switch and the Alpha value of skin elements:
the distinct (logical) difference between 'visibility off' and 'alpha=0' was not clear to everyone at first glance.
But I really think that your present solution is not a sound one, it just muddles the matter more.
The Alpha value should be just that, like a colour, and NOT become something different depending on its value!

Instead I think the name of the Visibility switch should better reflect its true function: making skin elements 'active' or 'inactive'.
Making skin elements inactive removes them from the scene (or stage), which is something very different from making them invisible!
So I would like to propose changing its name from 'visibility' to 'active/inactive', or perhaps something better.

The possibility of making active (visibility=on) elements invisible (alpha=0) is very useful.
An example: You need it for making a toggle button that can show its state by overlaying an alternating set of graphics with an invisible, but fully functional button.

Sure, affected buttons etc. can be restored by making Alpha 0.004 instead of 0, but this should not be necessary.
I think fuzzy workarounds like that should be avoided wherever possible.

Kind regards,

Erik Leeman
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik, Thomas

Sorry Thomas, I agree with Eric, :oops: Alpha and visibility/Active are two different things.

Looking from a logical point of view, The Alpha, or how translucent it is, is very much different to if it is there or not, Active or Inactive as Eric puts it. ( I second the new name :lol: )

It also makes sense when teaching someone how to use these Actions.

Can you see it, can you not?
Is it there, or is it not?

Also moving on to a post from Hum this could work quite well :idea:

Active and Inactive
Alpha

The level of control would be advantageous to say the least.

Hum could have his Lenz glear, Alpha 1 and set to Inactive. Company logos would benefit from this also.

Erik could have his roll over action, Alpha 0 and set to Active
And me, actually I’m easy, not like the other trouble makers on here :lol:

The trick is can you make an element visible and inactive :?:

Just my point of view 8)

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

ON OFF and variable transparent
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Trust a Dave to simplify things,

By the way it wasn’t a manufacturing fault with the wife’s car, she just went around the corner to fast and the steering wheel it slid over :lol:

All the best Dave
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

LOLLLLL ok

Appears you have ALOT of street corners in the UK that are LEFT ONLY (hence steering wheel now on RIGHT side)
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
erik leeman

here's a screenshot of the (pseudo) sliders on my testpano:

With the means available now this probably is the best I can do, but obviously they don't exactly work as I'd like them to.
But nevertheless this may help get a feeling of what it could be :)

Erik
thomas
Chief Gnome

erik leeman wrote:Hi Thomas,

I know there has been some confusion about the Visibility switch and the Alpha value of skin elements:
the distinct (logical) difference between 'visibility off' and 'alpha=0' was not clear to everyone at first glance.
But I really think that your present solution is not a sound one, it just muddles the matter more.
The Alpha value should be just that, like a colour, and NOT become something different depending on its value!

Instead I think the name of the Visibility switch should better reflect its true function: making skin elements 'active' or 'inactive'.
Making skin elements inactive removes them from the scene (or stage), which is something very different from making them invisible!
So I would like to propose changing its name from 'visibility' to 'active/inactive', or perhaps something better.
Ok, now I understand. At the moment the current solution with alpha 0.004 is still the best but for sure not the prettiest. The only reason why I started this unholy thing was because of "change alpha to 0" for hotspots, and they should go inactive in the end. At the moment there would have been two work around: Just flip visibility = ugly and boring, or do what I did.
I plan to add more states like "active: yes/no" and "hand cursor: yes/no" but I want to do this with 2.3 not as a jump in 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 because this may break some skins (I know, now this happened here too).
MfG, Thomas