Tour does not present on iPhone

Q&A about the latest versions
SCHMACK

pano2VR 7

Hello experts,
Where must I set a CLICK on creating the OUTPUT of a tour to enable the tour to dhow up on iPhones via internet ?

My tour plays properly on an. Webbrowser and ANDROID-phones.

Is there any help-document or a youtube-video about it (as i cannot find a solution in the help-documentation) ?

Thanks a lot for taking care !
Kind regards
SCHMACK
Hopki
Gnome

Hi SCHMACK,
Can you go into mire detail.
The web output displays on the iPhone, you can test with any of our examples, such as this one: Link.

What do you see?
Can you share screenshots.
But we are not aware of any issues with the iPhone.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
SCHMACK

Dear Hopki,
Your sample works perfectly on my iphone, so the issue is within the output of my tour.

As far as i remember from previous version of psno2vr tje user must set a hook X somewhere before starting the creation of the output to enable thf tour to be displayed on IOS-devices.
Right?
I think i missed to click this , right ?
Where to click ?

Thanks
SCHMACK
SCHMACK

The appearance on iPhone and iPad are the very same :
A blanc screen with an error-message.
How can I solve this issue ?
Attachments
IMG_7563.PNG
IMG_7563.PNG (138.14 KiB) Viewed 659 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
What you are seeing is mobile Safari crashing.
The issue is the size of your pinned images, note has nothing to do with file size, its pixel dimensions.
Apple advises that any pinned image in a webGL environment, which is what we use in Pano2VR, should not be any larger than 1024px in the longest edge.
Android is worse so we would recommend no larger then 900px so it works in Android as well as iOS and iPadOS.

There is no check box for mobiles, you build the project taking into account the limitations of the devices that will be used to display teh tour.
However there are logic blocks that can be used to detect mobiles and operating systems.

For example an external image loader can load a 5000px image on the desktop but an 800px image if in a mobile phone.
This does not include pinned images.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
SCHMACK

Thanks a lot ! I will check it out and give feedback asap.
I highly recommend your prompt action !
Kind regards
SCHMACK

Do I have to place all (shrinked) images into the project again manually image by image or is there a more convenient way ie automatical swap ?

And must the filesize shown here (see screenshot) also be down to 1024 pix on the longest side ?
Attachments
IMG_7569.jpeg
IMG_7569.jpeg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 621 times
SCHMACK

Intermediate finding:

The discussed panotour with the HUGE PINNED PICTURES works and displays fine on a Google Pixel 4A
SCHMACK

May I please ask for further advice on my above question ?
Thanks a lot !
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You need to edit the value in the pinned image properties panel as well as resize the image.
Keeping the image at 900px means it will work on a greater number of mobile devices.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
SCHMACK

Thanks Hopki,
after removing all the huge and manually replacing them by the size-reduced images, the tour displays on my iphone as desired.
:idea:
Kind regards
SCHMACK