Enable Video and mute audio in the Animation Timeline

Q&A about the latest versions
APolyakov

Hello! I'm currently creating a 3D tour, the main functionality of which is animation. This will be a historical excursion in which, while the panoramas scroll through the animation, there is a voice-over with a musical background. I figured out how to add the materials I needed using variables, and there were a few questions left that I couldn’t find answers to either on the forum or on the YouTube channel.
1. During the animation, one of the videos set by the camera icon overlaid on the wall starts to play, but it is attached at an angle to the wall in the panorama and I can't figure out how to use the timeline commands to make it open full screen. Also, then with the help of a command you need to return it back to the wall.
2. Also, at the end of each scene, the audio with music stops with the variable command, but it ends abruptly and I can’t figure out how to make the sound fade out smoothly. I am attaching a screenshot.
3. I also realized that it is not yet possible to activate hotspots with pop-up images on the timeline? Or are there already solutions? I don’t want to add all the photo content to the project skin separately.

Thanks for any advice.
2024-02-08 03-52-11 btour.p2vr - Pano2VR.jpg
2024-02-08 03-52-11 btour.p2vr - Pano2VR.jpg (998.05 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi APolyakov,
Answering your questions in order.
1) You can use Variable Changed as a Source to trigger a Media Action to Activate Media, you can set it to Activate with one animation keyframe change, and then use a second timeline keyframe Deactivate. You also have the option to use Toggle.
As the animation timeline runs the first variable track keyframe will activate the media action and the second one will deactivate the media action.

2) With regards to the audio fading out I don't think we currently do this, and we would need to think about this.

3) If you add a container for each image popup, for example, give it the ID img_01, the next img_01 and so on then you can use these to open each popup.
In the attached example, I have two variable tracks which are, Image Popup Dog and Image Popup Cat.
Each is linked to its container. The idea here is it still uses the image popup images and it opens the larger image popup. The component I am using the image popup has a small popup and this can be switched to a larger popup.
Regards,
Attachments
image_popup.zip
(3.83 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
APolyakov

Thanks for the example! As I thought, it is not yet possible to directly activate images in existing hotspots and you need to create them in the skin.

As for the video, I probably didn't express myself accurately. I can play video on the wall. But can I make sure that a video located on the wall at some point in its playback becomes (popup) full screen?
According to the script, I need to start a video on the wall, and then, at a certain moment, I need it to expand to full screen during the animation.

2024-02-08 15-40-27 Проект Семилетняя Война.jpg
2024-02-08 15-40-27 Проект Семилетняя Война.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 550 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I covered this in my first answer, you use Activate Media,
Please see the attached project, you use the same variable track to play and pop out the video.
Give the video the click action to pop out.
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(3.14 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
APolyakov

Thanks a lot! This is a great solution! :D
APolyakov

How can I implement the ability to make it so that I can create a variable in the animation, but with a text field in which I can simply specify the address of the image. One variable will open the specified image, and the other will close it. This function greatly optimizes the process when you have 40 scenes with panoramas and 40-50 images))
2024-02-10 14-51-14 pano_01.p2vr - Pano2VR.jpg
2024-02-10 14-51-14 pano_01.p2vr - Pano2VR.jpg (158.52 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Not too difficult.
Add a variable track to the animation timeline, let's call it Image Popup, and the variable name, var_popup and make it a text variable.

Now in the skin editor, add an external image loader.
Deselect visible and a visible logic block, var_popup, ≠, (leave blank) Visible true.
Then, in the external image loader, under the URL add, $(*var_popup) in the image URL.

Add your images to the project assets, for example, dog.jpg and cat.jpg.
In the animation timeline, add a keyframe where it should show the first image, in this example set the text, assets/dog,jpg.
Then add a second keyframe and leave it blank to hide it or set the path to the next image, assets/cat.jpg.

What will happen is, that as the timeline reaches the keyframe, it adds the path to the text variable.
The image loader's visible logic block will become true as the variable is no longer blank.

The image loader has the variables placeholder in the URL text field and shows the image in assets/dog.jpg.
Using the same timeline you can add as many images as you want which will be displayed one after another.
Remember to hide it add a keyframe and leave it blank.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
APolyakov

This is an incredible solution that saved me a ton of time! Thank you!