add popup image to animation

Q&A about the latest versions
Frank

Hello,

I created a "How to get from A to B" animation with pano2vr. Now I want to popup an image when I reach point B in the animation as if one was klicking on a hotspot respectively.
So far I tried it with a boolean variable "show_image" which I added as track to the animation. Then I used the already existing ht_image to get triggered by this variable i nstead of a mouseclick. But this seems not to work.

If my plan is possible at all, how should I do it?

regards
Frank
Attachments
SupportPackage_2023-12-30_22-43.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 573 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
If your Point Hotspot has the Title and URL needed for the popup then no, it will not work because you need to mouse over the Point Hotspot to activate the placeholders $(hs) and $(hu) to grab the Title and URL from the Point Hotspot.
You will need to have all the data required in the skin, so when you use a variable track in the animation timeline you can use a Variable Changed source action to trigger the event.

What you can do is have a container that can have the Variable Changed actions to set the file path to the external image loader to the image popup and then change the variable value to open it.

You can then use action filters so that one container can have actions to show and hide the image popup depending on the variable value, true/false.
Please see the attached project.
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(21.03 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frank

Hi Martin,

I wish you a happy new year 2024. :D

thank you for your replay "last year". :lol: This is working now also for my project except for the stop button. The animation doesn't stop when clicking on it.
The differences in my project:
I do have 4 nodes and a new (named) sequence with 4 clips related to each of the node (clip node1, clip node2, clip node3, clip node4).
So I changed the parameter of the Start Animation button to the name of my sequnce instead of default sequence.

When assigning an action where the animation shall be started/paused/stopped I found that in the dropdown menu for "type" there is two times the same entry saying "play/restart animation". Shouldn't one of these entries be "stop animation"?

The stop button uses "stop auto rotate" I would have expected "stop animation" If it was there together with the name of the sequence to be stopped as parameter.

Edit:
I just switched the UI of pano2vr to english and found that only in the german translation of the UI are two times the same entries. In English they are "Play/Restart Animation" and "Play/Resume Animation" in the german UI there is two times the same wording "Animation absielen/neu starten" One of them should be translated with "Animation abspielen/wieder aufnehmen" which correlates to "Play/Resume Animation"

Sorry for posting a bug fix suggestion here. If there is a better place, please tell me.

regards Frank
Frank

Hi,

finally I got it to work but I do not exactly know what I have changed. But unfortunately it only works as web output, not as animation output (mp4 file). But I guess I expected too much from the animation output.

regards
Frank
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the heads-up regarding the last two Autorotate options in the German translation.
That should be Play/Restart and Play/Resume

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 09.56.40.png
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 09.56.40.png (187.15 KiB) Viewed 31775 times

The Animation output is an MP4 video so it will not have any skin elements, Pano2VR makes frames and then converts the image sequence to an MP4 video.
Each time sampling from the original input images, hence why gigapixel panorama Animation outputs look so good.
Regards
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/