Where is the mistake - high cpu level

Q&A about the latest versions
the_b

hey folks,

i do pano with pano2vr in flash since a couple of months and everything looks quite good. But compared with other results, my flashfiles needs a lot of cpu power and memory.
i can not find the mistake.

here some details of settings i use:

input: 2500x1250px tif picture
cube face size: around 500 till 550px
image quality: around 90%
window size: 500x290px
frame rate: 60
render quality: 12
+ decrease quality while moving
no scaling
enable auto rotation
i use my own skin/controller

in the end the flashfile is around 400kb. afterwards i implement it into a html this way:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=7,0,0,0" width="500" height="290" id="test" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="media/12_.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<embed src="media/12_.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="500" height="290" name="test" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>

i think that is quite correct. but why does it need so much cpu?? if you watch it with a old computer (2 year or more) there is allways jerking or a lot noise from pc´s fan.
hope someone can help me!

thanxx a lot for responses!
bert
thomas
Chief Gnome

Flash needs at the moment a lot of CPU because everything is rendered in software without GPU support and the panorama is build as 3D scene with a lot of tweaks to make it look nice. QuickTime has an optimized panorama engine and that is why it is faster.
MfG, Thomas
Sascha Selent

Do you use Flash8 or Flash9/10?

You embed-html asks for Flash Ver. 7 ?!?

Flash8 uses AS2 and this is waaay slower then AS3.

I also think that quality 12 is very high. I experienced a huge performance-difference between 12 and e.g. 9 (the default). I use 10 as highest value.

Last but not least: what kind of machine are you working on?

Sascha
the_b

@ Thomas & Sascha,

thanx a lot for your good hints!

@ Thomas
flash can´t be the only problem. other flashtour with fullsreen or bigger flashfiles than my ones don´t generate that kind of prob. only the flashfile i do with pano2vr need that cpu-power. why? :idea:

@ Sascha
your advice with enbed-html was great. thanx for that. i changed it and it helped! but i´m not sure that this is the only problem. maybe reducing the quality takes me to the "perfect level" :wink:
do you have an example with your setting to see?
Sascha Selent

the_b wrote:@Sascha,
do you have an example with your setting to see?
No, not yet...
thomas
Chief Gnome

the_b wrote: @ Thomas
flash can´t be the only problem. other flashtour with fullsreen or bigger flashfiles than my ones don´t generate that kind of prob. only the flashfile i do with pano2vr need that cpu-power. why? :idea:
I haven't noticed your very high quality setting. I guess this is the problem. Try 8 or 9 and the CPU usage should be much less.
MfG, Thomas
Hopki
Gnome

Stupid question coming up, :?

Pano2VR does not give you the option to make a flash 9 or 10 output, does it :?:

I thought it made flash 8 and 10 as 10 plays in a flash 9 player :?:

OK, now braced for a kicking. :lol:

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
erik leeman

Ehhh Martin, what does that observation have to do with the quality settings discussed above?
Apart from the numbers being the same that is?
; )

Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik as I said, stupid question! :?
I miss read the thread, I saw Flash 8. 9 or 10 on an above post, then I saw a use a 8 or 9 further down from Thomas, he was talking about quality not flash :lol: , How clever do I feel now :lol: , Thanks for picking up on it. :lol: :roll:

All the Best Martin
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/