Force reload?

Q&A about the latest versions
deedee123

Hi,

I'm making this project for offline use, for visitors of a house. Several hotspots have their "is clicked/visited" status, which after a while i want to reset. Actually it would be best to, after a while of inactivity, just automatically reload the complete project so everything is nicely reset for a next user. Is there a way to achieve this?

best,
David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
You can use a timer to trigger a Go To URL action to trigger a javascript call that will clear the visited nodes.
Please see the attached project, it has the timer set to 5 seconds which has the Go To URL action as well as an action to change back to the Start Node. The Open Next Panorama action has an action filter so if the tour is already at node one it does not trigger again.
But you may want to remove this so if node1 is not at the default view it will reload node1 and reset its view.
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(57.49 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,
Thanks, this is indeed a great solution for resetting the tour node indications, but i also have hotspots to play audio(/video), of which there can be several within one node. I also gave these an "has been played" indicator by changing a hotspot variable on click. Can I reset those (throughout the tour) with a timer as well?
Would be great if it's possible.
Best,
David
deedee123

i'm stills struggling with this, i hope there is some solution :)
david
Hopki
Gnome

The timer can also have actions to change the variables back to the default setting.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

hi,
yes i understand, a timer should work, but i'm not sure how to address all custom properties from a certain skin-ID throughout the project.

so for example i have a point hotspot with skin ID "AudioByButton", some nodes have zero, others two or three. The skin has a hotspot variable "isplayed". which is toggled for each "audiobybutton" hotspot when clicked. after 10 minutes i want to reset those all to 'false'.
But if i just execute a command "isplayed=false" nothing seems to change, likely because it's not a normal but a hotspot variable.....?

Best,
David
deedee123

oh just changing the javascript to
location.reload()
already did the trick!

problem solved :)

Best,
David