User/viewer comment ability?

Q&A about the latest versions
jakenorton

Hi all,

Wondering if there is any way to add in some sort of commenting/collaboration to a tour?

I'm building out a research tour using satellite imagery, and would love to devise a way for outside researchers to add thoughts to the tour, but not just in a simple comment way. Instead, I would want them to be able to essentially create their own hotspots marking specific items or areas of interest. Is this at all possible? Or, if not, is there a way someone could capture specific point reference location data from the mouse cursor and use that to send me a comment saying something like: "Hey, at this specific place on Node #X, there is this thing we should look at." And, that specific place would be the spot their cursor is on at the time?

I know this may not be possible, or may just be hyper complex to build. But, thought I would ask!

In other phrasing, it would be something like dropping a pin in Google Maps to mark a specific location.

Hope this makes some sense!
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

Just checking in on this. I'm assuming by the silence that this is not possible?

Thanks!
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jake,
What you need is the ability to store data in a database, so you may be able to look for a blog website and see if you can bring it into the tour with a textbox and iframe.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
lavAzza

jakenorton wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:18 pm Hi all,

Wondering if there is any way to add in some sort of commenting/collaboration to a tour?
I don't know how to convert cursor coordinates to panorama coordinates to store in database.
My task is to make it possible to draw explanations on the panorama. I want to try to do this: block panorama control through the Pano2VR API, then draw with the mouse, then save the panorama image with the drawn to the PC.
Hopki
Gnome

I was thinking more along the lines of opening a Google document or blog page in an iframe in which people can then leave comments.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/