Adding autorotate to existing .ggpkg files?

Q&A about the latest versions
Anders

Is there a way to add autorotate to existing .ggpkg files?

We have some old projects were the projects files themselves are missing, but the .ggpkg files exist.

I figured I could add the required XML, recompress the archives and change the filetype from .zip to .ggpkg, but that doesn't work (WP doesn't link up the controlling XML).

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Very grateful for any input!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Anders,
You should be able to zip up the files to make a ggsk file, but be aware not all zip applications work.
Which app are you using?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Anders

Thank you - I haven't had any luck getting the Pano2V plugin to recognize the zip archives I've created (renaming .zip to .ggpkg using the built-in zip utility in Mac OS - I can try another utility if that's the issue).

What's a ggsk file?

I need to create .ggpkg files fo the Pano2V plugin.
k.ary.n
Gnome

GGSK is the skin file. I think GGPKG was meant here. ;)

Your assumption is correct, though. You can change the package extension to .zip and unarchive it. Edit the XML, zip it up and then rename the package back to .ggpkg. This should work fine in macOS with the built-in archiver.

However, don't compress the folder itself, but rather select all the files in the folder and compress them.

And in any case, does the GGPKG work with the desktop viewer?