Bug when deleting Google Street View tour?

tdee

Maybe this is a bug, I've had this a few times now and it happens every time: when I delete a Street View tour, a small progress window appears without any information and the program no longer responds. The drop down menus can be opened, but all commands are greyed out. I can then only quit the programme with „Force Quit" via the Finder (see Screenshot). The tour is then deleted from Google Maps anyway. It's not a big problem, I just want to let you know.

Mac M1, OS 13.2.1, Pano2VR 7.0.2
Pano2VR-Screen.png
Pano2VR-Screen.png (690.37 KiB) Viewed 33245 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to report teh bug.
It is on the list.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sndrgn

Hi Hopki, I have the same problem on Pano2VR6 and 7. When will it be possible again to delete tours? Thanks and regards, Chris
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
Which version of Pano2VR 7 are you using, as far as I can see this should be fixed.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
sndrgn

Hi Hopki,

I loaded the latest version. It worked partly. One tour I could delete and upload again. The other tour is deleted but still pano2vr says that the pnos are still present in maps, but the tour is not visible any more. If I try to delete it, the app is freezing as before.

regards, Chris
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
Did you use the Refresh button?
This refreshes the data between Pano2VR and Google.
That said it should not crash but if Pano2VR is waiting for data that is not there then this could cause all sorts of issues.
So the best thing to do is always refresh the Street View Browser after any changes, uploads/deletions etc.
Please try this, if you still get odd things happing then please let us know using the support e-mail below.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
sndrgn

Hi Hopki, I never notived the refresh button... so using it seems to solve the problem. Still there are pics missing in street view and connections dont work, but pano2vr does not crash any more and the seem to be streetview issues.

Thanks for helping,

Chris
sndrgn

Hi Hopki, I dont get the connections to one tour in Google Maps. I deleted the tour, waited a bit, upload again. Then deleting the panos one per one. Uploading again one, getting this error message: can you say anything to that / do you have a solution or a workaround? Thanks.

{
"error": {
"code": 404,
"message": "Photo with id: CAoSLEFGMVFpcFA0Ty1BZTZjYXpTOEV6emx6anBLa241RUtvNXZrbzZPSDZlSFZl does not exist.",
"status": "NOT_FOUND",
"details": [
{
"@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ErrorInfo",
"metadata": {
"EXTERNAL_MESSAGE": "Photo with id: CAoSLEFGMVFpcFA0Ty1BZTZjYXpTOEV6emx6anBLa241RUtvNXZrbzZPSDZlSFZl does not exist."
}
}
]
}
}

Request:
{
"connections": [
],
"places": [
{
"placeId": "ChIJG56Cv26tuEcRahlheqeKn5E"
}
],
"pose": {
"heading": 267.95050000000003,
"latLngPair": {
"latitude": 51.19328486,
"longitude": 6.5132456
}
}
}
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-16 um 20.43.47.png
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-16 um 20.43.47.png (53.28 KiB) Viewed 33094 times
sndrgn

so the story goes on. Now I deleted yesterday the whole tour on Maps, waited quite a time and uploaded it again. There are 9 panos in Maps, but only six show up. One pano is marked with a red circle "maps - not present". There I cannoz go further in the tour. It is the same as before. Do you have an idea whats going on there? Is it the picture itself, maybe a corrupt or faulthy file?

thanks and regards, Chris
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-17 um 12.45.50.png
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-17 um 12.45.50.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 33077 times
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-17 um 12.45.23.png
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-17 um 12.45.23.png (40.56 KiB) Viewed 33077 times
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-17 um 12.45.09.png
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-17 um 12.45.09.png (351.87 KiB) Viewed 33077 times
Javier B

sndrgn wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:50 pm so the story goes on. Now I deleted yesterday the whole tour on Maps, waited quite a time and uploaded it again. There are 9 panos in Maps, but only six show up. One pano is marked with a red circle "maps - not present". There I cannoz go further in the tour. It is the same as before. Do you have an idea whats going on there? Is it the picture itself, maybe a corrupt or faulthy file?

thanks and regards, Chris
The same thing has been happening to me constantly for months. It's hopeless. There have been tours that I've spent more time trying to get the right visibility of the tour on Google than the rest of the time I've spent at work.
sndrgn

What was your solution?
Hopki
Gnome

Firstly we have moved this topic to the Street View forum.
If you have a Red Cross, this means Maps has rejected the image, this can be due to the image to small, or there is contact information in the image or there is a logo that is to large. Please see: viewtopic.php?p=68543#p68543

You only need to remove/delete panoramas if you edit the panorama image, change a node name, title or description
 or change or remove tags

But you do not have to delete the panorama first if you change GPS, change Date & Time, add, change or remove a link and change place
You would open the Street View panel, then click the Upload Project button, wait for a few minutes then select the Refresh button in the Street View Browser.

Deleting images only puts you back to the start of this process and you can just go around in circles.

Also if you get 404, you need to disconnect that node from the project, right button click on the green connection icon, then in the Street View Browser, reconnect, right button click on the panorama in the street view browser and connect to the selected panorama, this is due to Google randomly changing Image IDs.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
keith@fachwen.org

Same thing here.

I tried to delete my last tour from the Google Servers so I could then re-upload some changes to the images.

Using the Pano2VR delete project button started a delete process then crashed the app completely. This is Version: 7.0.4a running on an Intel Mac Mini.

I left it all alone for over a day and trying again I still can't upload the new images.

They don't show up under the button 'open account in browser'.

If I try and upload Pano2VR thinks the images are already there and only wants to update the meta data.

The Pano2VR Street View Browser isn't responsive either, when opening it I get the spinning wheel and an error:

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 15.17.30.png
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 15.17.30.png (19.25 KiB) Viewed 32787 times

Details:

{
"error": {
"code": 403,
"message": "Request had insufficient authentication scopes.",
"status": "PERMISSION_DENIED",
"details": [
{
"@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ErrorInfo",
"reason": "ACCESS_TOKEN_SCOPE_INSUFFICIENT",
"domain": "googleapis.com",
"metadata": {
"method": "google.streetview.publish.v1.StreetViewPublishService.ListPhotos",
"service": "streetviewpublish.googleapis.com"
}
}
]
}
}

So I am a bit stuck....

All working again just now...

I rechecked the authorisation for Google to work with Pano2VR (the green shield with a tick) and somehow the check button at the top was de-selected. Must have happened yesterday when I was looking around for a solution... With this checked I can now upload the new versions of the panos.... 👍🏻
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Keith,
The old API did not have the checkbox, but now you have to remember to check it.
This needs checking every time you revoke access and connect again.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
keith@fachwen.org

Thanks 👍🏻 These new features often catch me out!!