Hotspot Visibility

Q&A about the latest versions
MJennings

Hi All

Complete beginner here.

I have 3 spherical images which i navigate between with Hotspots as tour nodes.
Then i did one tutorial of using a patch to simulate a door opening - converting the patch to a hotspot. In this video tutorial it then makes the hotspot alpha 0.01 to make invisible in the skin file. So far so good.

However now my main navigation tour nodes are also invisible.
How do i differentiate so my tour hotspots are behaving differently to my patch/hotpsots?

matt
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi, Matt.

Your tour nodes should be using a different point hotspot template skin. If they are children of the point hotspot template used for the door opening, then then they will take on the settings of that template.

The introduction tutorials found on this page might be useful to understand how the templates work.
Hopki
Gnome

Just adding to what Karyn has said, reading your post I assume you have two Hotspot Templates in the skin.
Again assuming one is ht_node and the other has a different ID, for example, ht_node_animation.

When you set a point hotspot you will see its type, Tour Node and which Hotspot Template it is using in the skin, this is under Skin-ID.

1.png
1.png (62.37 KiB) Viewed 2539 times

The Skin-ID ht_node would be the normal point hotspot, but for the point hotspots that should show the image you would select the Hotspot Template, ht_node_animation.

2.png
2.png (75.44 KiB) Viewed 2539 times

I am only using the ID ht_node_animation in the example, your Hotspot Template to show the image may have a different ID, you just need to make sure you select the right one for hotspots with images.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/