v7 so unstable

paul_b

After upgrading to v7.0.2, my workflow has probably doubled in time today, with repetitive crashes. I regret spending the money and wishing I'd stayed on v6. Crashes when linking nodes (frequently), and now also when adding patches. If I've not hit save every couple of minutes, I'm losing work too. Note remotely impressed. My advice, if you've not spent your money on the upgrade yet, is don't.
paul_b

Update - given up and requested a refund. I'll stick with version 6 which was working fine.
paul_b

Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 17.12.18.png
Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 17.12.18.png (98.26 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
And now it won't publish to Street View either!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Paul,
Moving this post to the Street View forum.
Sorry to hear you are having issues, but please give us a chance to address them.
Your Pano2VR 6 pro license is still active, you just need to download and install V6 from our website. You can have both V6 and V7 installed side by side.
Just make sure you rename the Pano2VR app to Pano2VR_7, so when you add Pano2VR (6) you don't overwrite.
When you go to the page where you can download Pano2VR 7, select Download older versions.

The Street View 404 error is a known issue with Google, they are known to randomly change the Photo ID, so Google assigns the Photo ID, and then as you upload it, Google change it, so you end up with a 404 file/photo not found.
The fix is to reconnect to the panorama online from the project file.

When you upgraded from Pano2VR 6 pro to Pano2VR 7 have you revoked your Street View connection and connected again?
Pano2VR 7 uses a different way to connect to Street View so you need to revoke/disconnect and then connect again making sure you select the checkbox to allow Pano2VR to edit your 360 images, V6 does not have this check box so upgrading to V7, the check box will not be selected.

We are not receiving support e-mails reporting lots of crashing so can we ask what are your input image file type and what device/software created the equirectangular images?
Can you send in your support package as found under the help menu and a couple of your panoramas so we can see if we can reproduce the issue in the office on Monday?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/