Hotspot which opens the thumbnail scroller

Q&A about the latest versions
mira16

Hi there!

I'm creating a virtual tour of a hotel. The skin I use displays a button on the bottom right, which opens a thumbnail scroller with all tour hotspots (shown on the left side, button already pressed):
hotel.jpg
hotel.jpg (259.19 KiB) Viewed 457 times
The button has these actions:
actions.png
actions.png (107.89 KiB) Viewed 457 times
What I'm looking for is a way to place a custom hotspot which opens the thumbnail scroller on click - exactly the same way the button does, but the custom hotspot should not be static but hand-placed on single tour nodes.

My intention is to place that custom hotspot on an hallway, with the text "View the rooms" which then opens the thumbnail scroller.

Do you need any more information? I'm really looking forward for a solution.
Thanks in advance!
mira16

Anybody got any ideas? :-)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi mira16,
What you would do is make a new point hotspot with its own ID, something like ht_gallery_1
The Hotspot image would have the same action as your button that opens the gallery.

When you add the Point Hotspot you will see Skin-ID, from this list select ht_gallery_1, and leave it at the Type URL.
What will happen is in the output this point hotspot will use ht_gallery_1 which has the action to open the gallery.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mira16

Hopki wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:05 pm Hi mira16,
What you would do is make a new point hotspot with its own ID, something like ht_gallery_1
The Hotspot image would have the same action as your button that opens the gallery.

When you add the Point Hotspot you will see Skin-ID, from this list select ht_gallery_1, and leave it at the Type URL.
What will happen is in the output this point hotspot will use ht_gallery_1 which has the action to open the gallery.
Regards,
Amazing, works perfectly - thank you VERY much!